Price Only Update

Price Only Update

Intel, If we want to update only the price of a published application, do we need to submit the app for validating the meta? Also are there any plans to support for promoting an app with a discount for particular period of time. We will appreciate your clarification. Regards
publicaciones de 11 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hello All,

My apologies. For a price change you DO NOT need to submit a new app. To address the original post, you do, of course, have to resubmit original app so that we know something has changed. As Brian noted, an update to any meta data does not require a new application upload. The meta changes will go through meta validation and once successful will be reflected in the AppUp client.

You DO have to submit a new app if/when you change from free to paid or visa versa. Once again, I am sorry if this has caused any inconvenience.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Correct Hal

If we change from a free to paid no need to submit a new app. Change / Modifying the app and resubmit the app. We have done it one case and it was successful.

Regards
Suresh

An update to any meta data does not require a new application upload. The meta changes will go through meta validation and once successful will be reflected in the AppUp client.

Thank you Brian. I just wonder if the price change can be allowed without a need for meta validation.

Hello,

At this time, the only way to change pricing is to resubmit application as if it were a new application.

If you want to change pricing please create a new submission (new GUID) with a new name. Please make sure when you are submitting a new submission that you are also changing the name of the msi file.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Hal,

Has it always been this way? I believe an older version of the Dashboard allowed for pricing changes.

Will there be support for price adjustments without being required to create a new GUID? I ask because this may impact developers wanting to immediately discount an existing product; The delay between recompiling, and the actual validation process.

I think Hal mean pricing model (free or payed). I can change the price of the published application, but can't change the pricing model.

Dmitry,
You are right and it makes sense.

Hal,
My original question was regarding increasing or decreasing the price. Sorry for not being clear earlier. So can you please confirm if your response was for price change or pricing model change.

I agree it is cumbersome to obtain and apply a new GUID just for a price update. Furthermore, the product will be treated as a completely different one, with all the issues that it implies.

I hope this changes in the future, perhaps with a different kind of validation request, that allows changes for anything, except the msi file. This way we would save a precious time, as there would be no need to perform a full submission and validation again.

www.mpl3d.com

Thank you Hal for your reply. This is very helpful.

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya