Problem with EndEvent method

Problem with EndEvent method

Hi, just a suggestion... It appears that if the user has a bad internet connection, then the Application::EndEvent method effectively crashes the program. This doesn't happen if there is no internet connection at all however. It would be better, in my opinion, to have the method time-out and throw an exception rather than hang indefinitely. Or perhaps I'm just doing something wrong?.. Thanks Rob
publicaciones de 4 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Rob,

You are correct, I have seen the behavior as well. The good news is that it is an easy error to trap. I simply wrap it in a try catch, and send it to the exception logging method.

I already have the function inside a try block, but the problem is that if the user has a poor internet connection, the program execution doesn't leave the EndEvent function at all---it neither returns, nor throws an exception; it would be nice if it timed out after some arbitrary duration---a couple of seconds or so---and signified this by throwing an exception.

Rob,

Let me see if I can reproduce this condition with the current version of the SDK to search out a solution. Any tips on reproducing it?

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya