Difference between publishing through Adobe vs. publishing through AppUp

Difference between publishing through Adobe vs. publishing through AppUp

Good day, Would you be able to answer the following? I'm building my app in Adobe AIR. One road block I ran into was spending $300 on a signed cert which I'm not interested in purchasing. Then I see that Adobe is offering a 1 year cert if I publish through them. So this week I'm researching publishing through Adobe. They have already sent me OK to proceed but I need to find out what the difference is between publishing through Adobe versus publishing through AppUp. If you have any information that would help I would love to know. Everything I'm reading on the Intel forums and elsewhere is that I need a $300 cert. Regards, Danny
publicaciones de 4 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de Hal

Hi Danny,

You can publish through Adobe or AppUp. Adobe will cover the certificate cost if you sign up for the InMarket (Melrose) program. Please see http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/adobe-air-packaging-guide-atom-developer-program-submissions

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Hello Hal,

Is there a cost associated with publishing in AppUp vs. Adobe or vice versa using Adobe Air? The developer has been referencing a $300 fee for a certificate that I am not aware of. Would you be able to provide further insight and link I can refer the developer to?

Regards,

Danny

Imagen de Hal

Hi Danny,

The certificate information is on the link I mentioned earlier (see Step 2, paragraph 2). The difference between submitting through AppUp and Adobe is that a fee will need to be paid to one of the trusted Certification Authorities if submitting through AppUp. If developer submits through Adobe they (Adobe) will cover the certificate cost if developer signs up for the InMarket (Melrose) program.

Your original post from developer looks accurate and they just need to know that the end result should be the same whether they submit through AppUp or Adobe.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.