Can't connect to X server

Can't connect to X server

I'm working on a MeeGo app in a Windows 7 environment using the Tablet Qemu. I was happily debugging my app until I started getting this: Debugging starts No protocol specified xhost: unable to open display ":0" Process /usr/local/bin/Kaleidoscope created; pid = 360 Listening on port 13219 Remote debugging from host 10.0.2.2 No protocol specified Kaleidoscope: cannot connect to X server :0 Child exited with status 1 Any ideas on what happened/how to fix are greatly appreciated.
publicaciones de 13 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Further investigation shows that the problem is QEMU takes too long to start. I click on Start QEMU then click on Build/Run. QEMU isn't all the way up before my app tries to connect.

QEMU seems to run very slowly and my app runs very slowly. My app uses a timer which seems to run about two orders of magnitude slower than it should (2-3 second ticks vs 33 milliseconds programmed). I'm running a P8700 Core2 Duo at 2.5Ghz with 4Gb of ram. Any ideas why QEMU runs so slow?

Hi Jon:

We are indeed working to improve Qemu.

Are you willing to try testing your app using Virtual Box (http://www.virtualbox.org) instead?
It won't be integrated with QtCreator like Qemu but it will be a good alternative to Qemu.

Let me know and I provide guidance.

thanks

--vincent

Yes, I'll try VirtualBox. Anything has to be better than QEMU.

Vincent,

I have VirtualBox installed (1Gb ram, 16Gb disk). Where can I get an appropriate image to install MeeGo to the VM?

Hi Jon:

The instructions for putting MeeGo on VirtualBox is here:

http://wiki.meego.com/SDK/Tablet/VirtualBox

However, don't follow the link on this URL to download MeeGo image. For proper image, please use this one instead:

http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/builds/stable/1.2.0.90/1.2.0.90.3.20110607.2/images/meego-tablet-ia32-qemu/

The wiki has instructions and you need to do some conversion of this image. The conversion should take 5 to 10 minutes.

Let me know if you run into issues.
Thanks

--Vincent

Vincent,

When Meego boots I get a gray screen. Is this normal? Also, I can't connect to the tablet from Qt Creator.

Hi Jon:

For the two issues:

1) Is the gray screen from within VirtualBox?

2) Can you tell me the errors you are getting when trying to connect from QtCreator?
And the tablet hardware that you are using? I am also assuming that both your dev host and tablet is behind the same subnet?

thanks

--vincent

Vincent,

1) Yes. The VirtualBox screen is gray.

2) Errors occur when trying to connect to the VirtualBox. Either the connection times out or the connection is refused. What are the proper network settings for VirtualBox and QtCreator? How do I tell what the address of the VB is?

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon:

If your screen is gray, #2 is probably a little premature to do. Let's figure out #1 first. Is your screen perpetually gray?

For your guest OS installation, in this case MeeGo, can you go under Settings -> System and make sure:

a) under Processor tab, check Enable PAE/NX

b) Under Acceleration tab, check Enable VT-X and enable Nested paging

For #2, there are multiple ways to configure the network. I usually choose "Host Only Adapter" which would grab an IP from the same subnet as your host OS via your host network adapter. Then you can login to guest (meego) and find out what IP you get.

OK! Processor/Enable PAE/NX was not checked. It's working now. I can run my app.
Thanks!

Jon

Great. Let me know the networking part.

Besides remote deployment like what you are trying, which has some setup to do, you can grab the RPM generated by QtCreator and just copy into an USB drive and mount it from your VirtualBox MeeGo guest OS. The RPM can then be installed that way.

If you want info on this, let me know.

The network is working now. Everything works and my app is running.

Thanks,

Jon

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya