Security Certificate and validation issues.

Security Certificate and validation issues.

I supplied a week ago some apps for validation and the only change was the Security certificate update and I mentioned the validation team that the security certificate was about to expire and I needed this to get approved. Due to some gui issues and one functional issue they rejected all but one app. The expiration date has now passed and I am hoping to resubmit this weekend but I am very concerned the Validation team is not reading the notes I send when I submit and the users will go another period of time without the updated security certificate. Regards.
publicaciones de 5 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hello Tony,

do you mean the Comodo code signing certificate with "security certificate"?

In this case I don't understand the problem as the signature never expires also if your certificate expired.

You can find some more info about code signing on Windows and code signing certificate on my blog here:
- Digitally Sign Binary Files on Windows
- FAQ on Code Signing Certificates and Digital Signature

Best regards
Andreas

Yes. I used comodo for the first time from Intel for this but before that I used my own code signing certificate from Comodo which was supposed to expire on the 23 of March.

Regards,
-Tony

Hello Tony,

sorry, but I still don't see the problem:
didn't you use time stamping while signing your binary?

As long as you used time stamping (and there would be no reason to not using it) there is absolutely no problem when your certificate expires. The signature will still be valid!

Best regards
Andreas

Well my past experience has been Java Web Start gives a not so friendly message and you can accept the code still.
I am not sure what Appup does which had me concerned.

Thanks,
-Tony

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya