Question about Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013

Question about Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013

I am new to intel fortran. Does this  Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 already include the develop environment? Is it necessary to install visual studio first? Thanks.

publicaciones de 22 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Yes, the standard version includes VS Shell (the components of Visual Studio which are required for Fortran development).

To TimP

Thanks a lot for answering. The one I am looking at includes 3 components, Math Kernel Library 11.0, Visual Fortran Compiler XE and Parallel Debugger Extension. It is called intel visual fortran composer XE, 849$, does this include VS shell?

What component listed in comparing products refers to VS shell?

If you have any kind of license other than Student or Evaluation, the product includes all of the necessary Visual Studio pieces to do Fortran development - there is nothing else to buy. The current version is Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 - it does not include the Parallel Debugger Extension, which was removed from the product in this version.

If you download the installer, choose the first download listed where it says it "includes Visual Studio 2010 Shell".

Steve Intel Developer Support

To Steve

Thanks,now all clear to me. Really appreciate!

Hi I have visual studio all set up on my machine, I need to buy the intel fortran compiler and plug it in. I'm confused on exactly what I need to buy... intel visual fortran composer 2013? That comes with the fortran compiler and the math kernal lib, right?

Yes, Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 is what you need. It has the compiler, Intel Math Kernel Library and the Visual Studio integration. (If you don't already have a supported VS it also provides a Fortran development environment based on VS2010.) You will need VS2008, 2010 or 2012 with the C++ compiler and tools installed. Also, for VS2008 and 2010, if you want to do 64-bit development, you need to make sure the VC x64 support is there. The Fortran release notes tell you how to do this.

I am currentu using the Compaq visual fortran 6.6A with a software called ACSL 11.8. The pathway toe the fortran compiler is the following: C:\Program_files\Microsoft Visual Studio\DF98\Bin\F90.EXE. What is the comparable pathway for the Intel Visual fortran Composer XE 2013. Bob W.

It would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\bin\ia32\ifort.exe - but you will also need to have established the compiler environment by running C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\bin\compilervars.bat with an appropriate option (ia32 or intel64). If that is done you could then just reference ifort.exe.

I am not sure if this is applicable but ACSL 11.8 requires a LINKER. the current pathway is the following:C:\Program_files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin\LINK.EXE. If this applicable to the fortran compiler, what is the path for XE 2013?

The path varies depending on which Visual Studio you are using. However, if you have set up the environment correctly, just using link.exe should work.

I tried to click on the compilervars.bat and did not see a result. the computer is Windows 7 therefore should it be 64x.

Robert, you are not supposed to click on compilervars.bat. Rather, you should call it from your command-line script that will do Fortran builds so that it sets up the environment variables.

Perhaps it would be easier for you to use Start > Programs > Intel Parallel Studio XE > Command Prompt > Parallel Studio XE with Intel Compiler v13.0 > IA-32 Visual Studio 20xx Mode (or Intel 64 Visual Studio 20xx Mode). This will establish the environment and you can then run your build commands from that. You can drag a copy of this shortcut to your desktop to make it easier (and then change the "start in" directory, etc.)

That you are running Windows 7 does not tell you whether you want to build 32-bit or 64-bit. A Windows 7 system can be either one, and even if 64-bit, you may want to build 32-bit applications. You need to decide which you want, which is probably dependent on this ACSL software.

The issues concerning the interface of the Intel Composer XE 2013 software with the ACSL 11.8 software are very complex and efforts so far have not been sucessful. Is there anyone at Itel I can discuss this issue over the phone. this would be a big help to me. Thank you

Send me mail at steve.lionel at intel dot com and let me know when you're available to talk (include time zone) and your number. We'll set up a time for me to call you. I'm available later this afternoon. (after 2:30PM ET) or we can try for sometime next week.

Steve, I sent you an e-mail. Thanks, Bob

I just installed Intel Visual Fortran compiler XE 2013. I have Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition. Is it possible to use to Intel Visual Fortran compiler with VS 2005? Or i need to upgrade my VS2005 to VS2008 or VS2010? Appreciate any help...

XE 2013 deleted support for VS2005. It will work independently of VS2005, using the VS2010 Shell option, or with full VS2008 2010 or 2012 (professional or higher). The requirements are stated in the notes to be found in the documents section of your ifort installation.

Hello I am trying to use the help button from visual studio 2010 to get help on the fortran language.  I click help, the microsoft help viewer 1.1 comes up, it shows instel composer xe 2013 installed on my computer, and at the same time, says that the content is not found.

???

Try this. In the Help Viewer, click the Gear icon for the Help Library Manager. Select "Install content from disk". For location, select C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\Documentation\msvhelp\1033\compiler_f and click Browse.  Click on helpcontentsetup.msha, click Open and then Next.  That should do it.

Hi, i installed intel visual fortran composer xe in intel visual studio 2012 in windows 7 and i have aprogram that written with fortran 90 how can i compile and run the program and where can see its result. I am new in fortran and i have some problem with it. please help me.

Why not start with the tutorials such as

http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/hpc/composerxe/en...

rather than tacking a reply onto an old unreleated (but poorly titled) thread?

If you have questions, start a new thread and be specific.

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.