HDMI output to "Digital TV" not fully functional. Can this be hacked?

HDMI output to "Digital TV" not fully functional. Can this be hacked?

I have an asus vh238h external lcd monitor. It has built in speakers and vga,dvi,hdmi inputs.

My laptop runs off the HD4000 igp, and has vga and hdmi outputs. Windows 7 x64.

The issue is black color levels and banding.

• With vga to vga, the monitor displays deep blacks and no gradient banding. Intel graphics driver sees monitor as "Monitor" in the systray.
  • with hdmi to dvi, monitor shows deep black and no banding. Intel graphics driver sees monitor as "Digital Display".
  • with hdmi to hdmi, monitor shows black as dark gray, and there is major banding issue. Intel graphics driver sees monitor as "Digital Television".

Just to check the monitor's hdmi input, I connected an AMD gpu hdmi output, and it displayed deep black and no banding issue. hdmi input is fine.

so, 3 different connections to the same monitor, and one of the connections is semi-broken. Seems like the intel driver does not like the "digital Tv" connection, and displays awful colors on it.

I don't know much, but I was browsing here and saw mention of EDID's and stuff, and thought there might possibly be a software hack to make the hdmi-hdmi output behave like the hdmi-dvi output in order to display proper colors?

any ideas?

1 envío / 0 nuevos
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.