13.0 compiler bug/RTE: data entities finalized when they shouldn't be

13.0 compiler bug/RTE: data entities finalized when they shouldn't be

The 13.0 compiler is finalizing the result of a function reference which returns a pointer to a finalizable data type.  This is incorrect -- a pointer is not a finalizable data entity (see 1.3.76 and 4.5.6.2 item 1; the target of the pointer is finalizable, but it is only finalized when the pointer is explicitly deallocated.)  I've attached a short example that illustrates the error.  This is a really nasty bug that renders finalization mostly unusable, at least in my use cases.

-Neil

AdjuntoTamaño
Descargar intel-bug-20121007b.f901.21 KB
publicaciones de 4 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Thank you for reporting this issue. I have escalated it to the developers. The issue number is DPD200237182. I post any updates I receive to this thread.

Regards,
Annalee
Intel Developer Support

Hello Neil,

A fix has been found for this issue. We are planning to include it in the next update which is currently scheduled for late January.

Regards,
Annalee

Hello Neil,

This is issue has been fixed in Intel® Fortran Composer XE for Linux* 2013 Update 3 which is now available at the Intel® Registration Center.

Annalee

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya