Wi-Fi connection and Bluetooth file transfer problems ( Android-to-WindowsXP )

publicaciones de 203 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

Technical details for the Warning Message 1:

Log Name: System
Source: BTHUSB
Date: 22/11/2012 5:02:16 PM
Event ID: 6
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DellPM
Description:
Only one active Bluetooth adapter is supported at a time.
Event Xml:
[Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"]
[System]
[Provider Name="BTHUSB" /]
[EventID Qualifiers="32773"]6[/EventID]
[Level]3[/Level]
[Task]0[/Task]
[Keywords]0x80000000000000[/Keywords]
[TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-11-23T00:02:16.807523100Z" /]
[EventRecordID]5322[/EventRecordID]
[Channel]System[/Channel]
[Computer]DellPM[/Computer]
[Security /]
[/System]
[EventData]
[Data]
[/Data]
[Binary]00000000010000000000000006000580000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000[/Binary]
[/EventData]
[/Event]

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

Technical details for the Warning Message 2:

Log Name: System
Source: BTHUSB
Date: 22/11/2012 5:14:21 PM
Event ID: 18
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DellPM
Description:
Windows cannot store Bluetooth authentication codes (link keys) on the local adapter. Bluetooth keyboards might not work in the system BIOS during startup.
Event Xml:
[Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"]
[System]
[Provider Name="BTHUSB" /]
[EventID Qualifiers="16389"]18[/EventID]
[Level]4[/Level]
[Task]0[/Task]
[Keywords]0x80000000000000[/Keywords]
[TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-11-23T00:14:21.787596400Z" /]
[EventRecordID]5348[/EventRecordID]
[Channel]System[/Channel]
[Computer]DellPM[/Computer]
[Security /]
[/System]
[EventData]
[Data]
[/Data]
[Binary]00000800010000000000000012000540000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000E000000000000000[/Binary]
[/EventData]
[/Event]

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

I didn't try to transfer files between Windows 7 system and Android device since I'm busy with verifications, configurations and installations on the new system. I'll try to do it soon.

Imagen de iliyapolak

@Sergey
Did you buy new BT radio receivers?
Those error messages are generated when your new Bluetooth radios are connected.?

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>Only one active Bluetooth adapter is supported at a time.>>>

Probably this is due to conflicting MAC adrresses.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>Did you buy new BT radio receivers?

No. Not yet.

>>Those error messages are generated when your new Bluetooth radios are connected?

Yes, I was using the old BT adapters.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>>>Only one active Bluetooth adapter is supported at a time.
>>
>>Probably this is due to conflicting MAC adrresses.

Yes. A good thing is that Windows 7 Pro provides more diagnostic messages in Event Viewer.

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>Yes. A good thing is that Windows 7 Pro provides more diagnostic messages in Event Viewer.>>>

Such a behaviour was expected from properly designed error handling routine.
Is there any option to reprogram MAC address register on such a receiver, if there is you could simply increment by one the Device ID field.
Can you post an exact model of your receiver?

Imagen de iliyapolak

I'm posting a very interesting info regarding programming details of BluetoothAdapter class of Android device.By looking at class methods there is no method to set a Mac address.
here is link : http://developer.android.com/reference/android/bluetooth/BluetoothAdapte...

And here is link which provides an information about the Bluetooth dongle MAC address changing.Sadly it involves using a Linux hacking distro "BackTrack 4"
http://blog.petrilopia.net/hacking/change-your-bluetooth-device-mac-addr...

Bear in mind that there is a some probability that your next Bluetooth dongles could have been programmed with the same MAC address.
Please read this article :http://fourwalledcubicle.com/blog/2010/04/cheap-bluetooth-dongles-and-you/
and this one :http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100814125543AAUj8Is

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>...Is there any option to reprogram MAC address register on such a receiver,...

No. I don't think that I will do this because two new adapters is the best solution.

>>Can you post an exact model of your receiver?

I would call it as 'No Name' and they are very-very generic.

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>No. I don't think that I will do this because two new adapters is the best solution.>>>
Do not buy generic "no name" dongles because of high probability of the same MAC addresses issue, please read my post above.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>...Do not buy generic "no name" dongles because of high probability of the same MAC addresses issue...

I see. Thanks, Iliya.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

Hi Iliya, Here is some update...

I'm confident there is a problem with Android OS on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 when it has to be connected to a Peer-to-Peer Wi-FI network created between several computers ( more than 2 ) with Windows OSs ( Windows 7 and Windows XP ).

During last two days I verified different networking scenarios and I think an update for the tablet has to be done. It is already scheduled at the end of the next week.

So, in case of Windows OSs everything is working (!) and more than 2 computers could be connected. It took me less that 1 minute to connect a new notebook with Windows 7 Professional OS to the existing Peer-to-Peer secure network.

Best regards,
Sergey

Imagen de Tao Wang (Intel)

Hi, Sergey and Iliya, Thanks for the great digging on finding the solutions to this Wi-Fi connection problem with an Android device per Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 (7") could not connect to: Security-enabled Computer-to-Computer network ( over Wi-Fi ). Can you write a summary to share with other developers here on what you have discovered?

Also, have you post this issue on Google Android developers site and Samsung site? There may be similar discussions on this already?

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>So, in case of Windows OSs everything is working (!) and more than 2 computers could be connected. It took me less that 1 minute to connect a new notebook with Windows 7 Professional OS to the existing Peer-to-Peer secure network.>>>
I'm glad that you verified by simple elimination that Win-to-Win wi-fi connection is working.
Regarding Android to Win OS wi-fi connection more complex problem elimination will be needed.As I suggested you earlier connection setup should be monitored with the help with network sniffers(NetMon on Win platform).This is needed in order to eliminate responsibility from Android wi-fi driver stack.My bet is that the culprit could be find in the upper driver layer(not related to wi-fi stack) or application which is managing wi-fi connections.

This reference should be interested for you :http://developer.android.com/reference/android/net/wifi/p2p/package-summ...

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

Hi Tao,

>>Can you write a summary to share with other developers here on what you have discovered?
>>
>>Also, have you post this issue on Google Android developers site and Samsung site? There may be similar discussions on
>>this already?

I'll try to do it. I also plan to create my own test-case based on Microsoft's NDIS ( Network Driver Interface Specification ) API to get a list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Best regards,
Sergey

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>I also plan to create my own test-case based on Microsoft's NDIS ( Network Driver Interface Specification ) API to get a list of available Wi-Fi networks>>>
Please look at this :http://www.ndis.com/ndis-ndis6/nativewifi/RxDot11WithOidTrace.txt

Imagen de Tao Wang (Intel)

On top of this forum, you will see below:
Ask questions and get help developing Android* applications on Intel® architecture. Find out more at http://www.intel.com/software/android.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>... Find out more at http://www.intel.com/software/android

Thanks, Tao.

I'm beginning to suspect that WEP is not fully supported and some constraints are created by Samsung in its port of Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy Tab 2 tablets.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

Tao,

I wonder if Intel software engineers could try to reproduce the same on some device with Android 4.0.4 OS on Intel® architecture? That would be very useful for our investigation.

During almost last two months you're reading our posts and I don't see any feedback(s) from Intel software engineers. Aren't you interested to understand what is wrong and help? So far I don't see any help, unfortunately.

Please don't think that this is the problem with Microsoft, Google and Samsung. I see that Microsoft did a very good job regarding implementation of Wi-Fi connectivity and I don't see a problem on their side. Of course, I could be wrong and it has to be proven.

Best regards,
Sergey

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

Hi everybody,

I will provide some technical details ( I think by tomorrow ) on settings for Advance Properties of our Wi-Fi adapter. Please review and any feedback is appreciated.

Best regards,
Sergey

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>I will provide some technical details >>>
Did you try to write NDIS filter driver?

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>...Did you try to write NDIS filter driver?

This is not a driver and this is a Win32 application that gets a list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>This is not a driver and this is a Win32 application that gets a list of available Wi-Fi networks.>>>
Is this GUI app?
Will you be able to dig into wi-fi protocol innerworking.I mean to intercept and parse various protocol's bitfields.
You can discover available networks with the help of NetMon.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>Is this GUI app?

No. It simply displays message boxes based on a Win32 API function MessageBox(...) when enumerating available Wi-Fi networks.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>I will provide some technical details ( I think by tomorrow ) on settings for Advance Properties of our Wi-Fi adapter. Please review and
>>any feedback is appreciated.

Please take a look at Advanced Settings of my Wi-Fi adapter ( a short version ):

AC_BE support APSD - Disable
AC_BK support APSD - Disable
AC_VI support APSD - Disable
AC_VO support APSD - Disable
AllowBW40InBGBand - Enable
APSD Capable - Disable
Auto Channel Select - Disable
Auto Reconnect Mode - Enable
B/G Protecion - Auto
CAM when AC Power - Disable
Carrier Detect - Disable
Country Region 11A - #7 Channel ( 36 - 165 )
Country Region 11G - #5 Channel ( 1 - 14 )
DLS Capable - Disable
Fragment Threshold - 2346
Fragment Aggregation - Disable
IEEE 802.11H - Disable
Local Administration MAC Network Address - Not Present
Max Service Period Length - 0
Network Type - 802.11 Ad Hoc
Power Saving Mode - CAM ( Constantly Awake Mode )
PSP Xlink Mode - Disable
Radio On/Off - Enable
RDG - Enable
RTS Threshold - 2347
Smart Scan - Disable
TX Burst - Enable
WMM Capable - Enable

Any comments? Can you see incorrect settings?

Note: CAM - Constantly Awake Mode

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

Please take a look at Advanced Settings of my Wi-Fi adapter ( a complete version exported from Windows registry ):

Enclosed: Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter.txt

Adjuntos: 

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>...I wonder if Intel software engineers could try to reproduce the same on some device with Android 4.0.4 OS on Intel® architecture?
>>That would be very useful for our investigation.

I'm very surprized and frustrated that Intel software engineers are not participating in our discussions.

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>"ShowHiddenSSID"="0">>>
Set this field to 1 when performing STA(station) discovery.As security reason you should disable this field.
Is this settings dump represents Adhoc mode?
>>>"PreambleType"="0"
Try to set this field to 1(long preamble type).
>>>"WEPKeyUse"="1">>>
Try to set this field to 0(disable) it could be possible that the receiving end will check this field and refuse a connection because of security reason.Switch to WAP ciphers
>>>APSDCapable"="0"
"APSDAC_BE"="0"
"APSDAC_BK"="0"
"APSDAC_VI"="0"
"APSDAC_VO"="0">>>
You have your Qos class values not set leave it for now in disable state you are not in infrastructure mode.
@Sergey
These settings names do not always correspond one to one to the 802.11 naming convention.It is not easy to search through more than 2000 pages of protocol standard.
Many times I advised you to monitor connection attempts with NetMon so you can see live data fields beign set.Reason code field could provide
some vital information regarding connection failure(s).
>>>RTSThresh>>>
Try to lower this threshold it is at max value.I do not expect that lowering that value will solve your problems (because both your STA are not in hidden node).
>>>SmartScan>>>
Set SmartScan to 1 and retry connection attempt with your tablet.
>>>Radio = 0>>>
Set this to 1 you have probably disabled wifi transmitter
>>>"WirelessMode"="5">>>
If I'm not wrong this field should be set to 0x00 which means IBSS adhoc mode.It could also be related to 802.11 6 modes of operation and IIRC adhoc is 4 or 5 mode.Switch between those values.
>>>"IEEE80211H"="0">>>
Try to enable this field, I do not know if it will help,but it may be needed by the receiving end to establish connection mostly in managed mode.
While you are setting your adhoc connection choose for both ends the same ESSID.

Please report about the any progress you have made.Later I will do more research and post more results.

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>No. It simply displays message boxes based on a Win32 API function MessageBox(...) when enumerating available Wi-Fi networks.>>>
Is your galaxy wifi beign discovered while you run your app?

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>...These settings names do not always correspond one to one to the 802.11 naming convention.It is not easy to search through
>>more than 2000 pages of protocol standard...

Thank you, Iliya! I'll try to book a whole day ( or even two ) to try all your recommendations ( in a 2nd previous post ), NetMon tests, tests with my NDIS-based application, etc.

As I already mentioned upgrade for Android OS 4.0.4 is scheduled for Saturday. I'll keep you informed.

Best regards,
Sergey

PS: I found on the web many posts describing similar Wi-Fi problems for different versions of Android and devices.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>... I found on the web many posts describing similar Wi-Fi problems for different versions of Android and devices...

Here is one of them: http://www.infoworld.com/d/mobile-technology/proof-android-not-open-sour...

...There are still issues with vendors screwing up Android through their own changes ( such as the
bug in the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1's Android version that prevents it from connecting to some email
servers...

Even if it is Not related to my problem this is a very interesting statement about some problems with Android OS.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>>>"ShowHiddenSSID"="0"
>>
>>Set this field to 1 when performing STA ( station ) discovery. As security reason you should disable
>>this field. Is this settings dump represents Adhoc mode?

I don't think so but I could be wrong. A "Network Type" represents it and it is in Adhoc mode ( for a long time ).

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>>>Radio = 0
>>
>>Set this to 1 you have probably disabled wifi transmitter

I detected an issue with how Linksys treats Enable and Disable states related to values 1 and 0. Take a look:

In a short version of the adapter settings:
Radio On/Off - Enable

In a complete version of the adapter settings exported from Windows registry:
"Radio"="0"
When I set it to "1" the adapter was turned off and stopped working completely!

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>NetMon tests>>>
I strongly advise you to perform such a tests.Writing custom app to check wifi setting will not give you the whole picture.You must see wifi driver stack interaction on both communication ends.

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>When I set it to "1" the adapter was turned off and stopped working completely!>>>
So their logic is reversed.
Now I'm back from my weekend and I have an internet access,so i will later do more comprehensive research regarding those wifi settings provided by you.

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>A "Network Type" represents it and it is in Adhoc mode ( for a long time ).>>>
Yes you are right I did not see it.

>>>Set this field to 1 when performing STA ( station ) discovery. >>>
>>>I don't think so but I could be wrong>>>
Enabling SSID field during packet transmission should be disabled because of security reason.It is needed to hide the presence of your network.Also beacon frames transmission should be avoided when the security is concern.
Moreover when troubleshooting connection failures enabled SSID usage could be helpful when you need to indentify easily your STA( when MAC address is not used by you as an STA ID).
STA - station

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>Even if it is Not related to my problem this is a very interesting statement about some problems with Android OS>>>
By simple elimination we have narrowed down the problem probably to interaction between Android wifi implementation and its Win OS counterpart.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

Hi Iliya,

I worked on the problem last two days ( Saturday and Sunday ) and I'll provide a detailed report later. A short report - the problem is still not resolved.

Best regards,
Sergey

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>A short report - the problem is still not resolved.>>>
I started to suspect Samsung Android customised implementation as a culprit of your adhoc connection problems.It could be possible that underlying wifi driver stack works properly and it's flow of data and metadata(here I mean network's pdus) are modified by upper layer wifi manager.
Such a scenario could have been caused intentionally by the designers or it could be a designing(programming) error.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>>>A short report - the problem is still not resolved.
>>
>>I started to suspect Samsung Android customised implementation as a culprit of your adhoc connection problems.

I would also consider Microsoft here.

>>It could be possible that underlying wifi driver stack works properly and it's flow of data and metadata(here I mean
>>network's pdus) are modified by upper layer wifi manager. Such a scenario could have been caused intentionally by
>>the designers or it could be a designing(programming) error.

That is possible and I plan two more big tests with a HipStreet Android tablet and BlackBerry tablet. Let's see if they detect our peer-to-peer network.

Note: my full report is not ready yet.

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>would also consider Microsoft here.>>>
Yes it's quite possibly that Microsoft is somehow involved too.

>>>That is possible and I plan two more big tests with a HipStreet Android tablet and BlackBerry tablet. Let's see if they detect our peer-to-peer network.>>>

Regarding my hypothesis about the upper layer modifing pdus I strongly believe that customised Android could be blamed for it.I can only hope
that NDIS debugging can be avoided.
Do you have checked build Windows?

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

Hi Iliya,

>>...Do you have checked build Windows?..

No. Is it available to everybody from a Microsoft download web-site or only to MSDN subscribers?

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>Is it available to everybody from a Microsoft download web-site or only to MSDN subscribers?>>>
Only to subscribers at whopping 700$ of subscription fee.
The greatest advantage of checked builds are debugging assertions and fully "debuggable" NDIS driver architecture.You do not have it in your retail version.Simply not everything will work when windbg discovers a retail version.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

>>...Only to subscribers at whopping 700$ of subscription fee...

I can tell for 100% that any investigations with 'Checked Builds' of some Windows platforms won't be considered even for free. Thanks, Iliya for explanations.

Imagen de iliyapolak

>>>can tell for 100% that any investigations with 'Checked Builds' of some WIndows platforms won't be considered even for free>>>
Yes I know it.At maximum checked build hal and ntdll can be freely obtained from WDK release.Few times I wanted to dig into deeper layer of NDIS
protocol stack , but windbg was not helpful in my case.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

Hi everybody,

I updated the first post of the thread with additional details. Please also take a look at all the rest questions in the following posts.

Thanks in advance.

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

I understood that Android OS has some 'WAN Ping Blocking' functionality. Is it similar to 'TCP/IP Filtering' on a Windows platform?

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

What if 'TCP/IP Filtering' has to be changed on a Windows platform ( in Advanced TCP/IP Settings dialog )?

What if some TCP/IP port needs to be open / used on a Windows platform?

Note: Currently it is in Disabled state on all computers with Windows platform

Imagen de Sergey Kostrov

I found a very interesting post at: androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/545825-wep-wifi-connection-problem.html

A person had a problem with two Android phones and he clearly stated that '...this
solution may not help all the other WEP problems...'.

// Post #27
I just thought of posting my solution here as well in order to help others that might face this
problem in the future. After troubleshooting the problem for over two months, I have finally been
able to resolve the problem with the help of Belkin technical support engineer. Just for
clarification, the problem is neither with the phones nor the router. It is to do with the Wifi
settings that can be accessed via the gateway i/p address ( In my case it was: 192.168.2.1 ).
I have followed the below steps that made it work for me ( Please note that this solution may
not help all the other WEP problems, it just seemed to help in my case. The best idea is to
check up with your router's technical support department unless there is a problem with your phone ).

Wifi settings changed:

1) Disabled Firewall
2) Disabled WAN Ping Blocking
3) The most important part:

- Under Security, I changed the Wireless channel from '10' to '9'.
- Changed the Configuration from "802.11 b/g/n" to "802.11 g only".
- Changed the SSID name from say: "Belkin-Router" to "Belkin".

4) Applied changes... ...phones got instantly connected

It is similar to my case but I have a problem with Android tablet which can't connect to a Windows
'Security-enabled computer-to-computer' Wi-Fi network with many Windows desktop computers.

Páginas

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.