Potential Procedure Pointer Bug

Potential Procedure Pointer Bug

I am trying to define a simple procedure pointer with interface, but the code does not compile with ifort 12.1.5; however, it does compile and run with gfortran 4.6.3.

test.F90:

MODULE test_m
IMPLICIT NONE
TYPE,PUBLIC :: test
  PROCEDURE(test1),POINTER :: test1ptr
END TYPE test
ABSTRACT INTERFACE
  SUBROUTINE test1(THIS)
    IMPORT
    IMPLICIT NONE 
    CLASS(test),INTENT(IN) :: THIS
  END SUBROUTINE test1
END INTERFACE
PUBLIC :: temp
CONTAINS
  SUBROUTINE temp(THIS)
    IMPLICIT NONE
    CLASS(test),INTENT(IN) :: THIS
    WRITE (*,*) 'Hello world from the object!'
  END SUBROUTINE temp
END MODULE test_m

main.F90

PROGRAM helloworld
USE test_m
TYPE(test) :: tester
tester%test1ptr => temp
CALL tester%test1ptr()
END PROGRAM helloworld

Ifort gives the following error when trying to compile test.F90 with ifort -c test.F90:

test.F90(6): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [TEST1PTR]
  PROCEDURE(test1),POINTER :: test1ptr
------------------------------^
compilation aborted for test.F90 (code 1)

Once again, the code compiles and runs with gfortran. Note: if you go back through test.F90 and remove passing, e.g., define the procedure pointer with NOPASS, take away THIS in the interface, etc. it will compile. It's hard for me to believe that a simple PASS would not be allowed!

publicaciones de 3 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

I reproduced the error with the 12.1 compiler (XE 2011 12.1.7.367) but not with the more recent XE 2013 (13.0.1.117) compiler. If it is possible, could you upgrade to the newer release?

I found two previous related internal reports (DPD200154928, DPD200177491) and one forum report: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=84152.

I confirmed there is an explicit fix in the 13.0 compiler and also if you are able to use this, the error is avoidable with the work around of removing/de-activating the implicit none inside the abstract interface in subroutine test1.

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.