x64 debugging

x64 debugging

Imagen de NsK

Hi,

I've been trying to debug under x64 but for some reason I always get the same "***.exe is not a valid Win32 application" with "/debug:full" on (the code runs perfectly without or in x64/Release mode). Config: Windows 7 64 SP1, VS 10.0.40291.1 SP1Rel, IVF XE 2011.4.196.

Is it a known issue?

Just in case:

Build log
    Build started: Project: **, Configuration: Debug|x64
Output
    Deleting intermediate files and output files for project '**', configuration 'Debug|x64'.
     Compiling with Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 12.0.4.196 [Intel(R) 64]...
      ifort /nologo /debug:full /Od /I"*:\Program Files\MPICH2\include" /warn:interfaces /module:"x64\Debug\\" /object:"x64\Debug\\"
     /Fd"x64\Debug\vc100.pdb" /traceback /check:bounds   /libs:static /threads /dbglibs /c /extfor:f /Qvc10 /Qlocation,link,
     "*:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\amd64" "*:\***\***.f"
      Linking...
      Link /OUT:"x64\Debug\**.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:"*:\Program Files\MPICH2\lib" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"*:\***\***.exe.intermediate.manifest"  

/MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"*:\***\***.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /IMPLIB:"*:\***\***.lib" fmpich2.lib "x64\Debug\***.obj"
       Link: executing 'link'
       Embedding manifest...
       mt.exe /nologo /outputresource:"*:\***\***.exe;#1" /manifest "*:\***\***.exe.intermediate.manifest"

Cheers,

Nick

Nick
publicaciones de 4 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de Steve Lionel (Intel)

Not a known issue to me. What does Dependency Walker (x64 version) have to say about your EXE? Can you run the program without debugging (the debug configuration EXE)?

Steve
Imagen de NsK

Hi Steve, thank you for your reply.
I can't run the debug EXE from the command line either. Dependency Walker (x64 version) does not seem to complain about anything but the classical IEFRAME.dll... I can't reproduce the bug with a test problem (linked against the same MPICH2 64 library).
Not sure it's relevant at all but the original code contains a lot of 3D allocatable arrays. It really looks like it's related to the generation of debug information.

Nick

Nick
Imagen de NsK

Ok, nevermind, the code contains a big bunch of large statically allocated arrays (1978 just called...) that seem to be the problem (reducing their size fixes the issue).
Cheers,

Nick

Nick

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.