How to install and use Intel® Perceptual Computing SDK 2013 Beta 2

(1) Go to http://intel.com/software/perceptual
(2) Select ‘PerC SDK Beta2’ and click on the ‘Download’ button on the upper right.
(3) Unzip the download file PCSDK Beta2.zip, there are four files in this zip file.
(4) Remove any previous SDK packages, including any previous Creative* interactive gesture camera driver packages. Cleanup destination directory if needed.
(5) Run the Intel® Perceptual Computing SDK installer. Please note that the 64-bit installer contains SDK libraries that support both 32-bit and 64-bit applications.
(6) Reboot your computer. This step is critical to ensure environmental parameters propagate to all applications.
(7) For developing speech-enabled applications, you need select ‘Nuance* Dragon Assistant Core (Voice Addon)’ and click on the ‘Download’ button on the upper right.
(8) Unzip the download file PCSDK Beta2 Voice Addon.zip, there are three files in this zip file.
(9) Run intel_pc_sdk_voice_ia32_11.exe to install the voice recognition module.

Please note: The included Nuance* Dragon Assistant Core is limited to use for development purposes and cannot be distributed externally by developers.

publicaciones de 24 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hi David,

There are some additional steps if you are using VS2012. I've got a mini blog going http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/338014#comment-1716897 if that is of use to anyone.

David

How to use it with C Sharp?i am unable to add reference to the required DLL files?And which DLL files are necessary to include in project?

Abhishek Nandy

How can I get version 5057? I am trying to use some software developed with that, but it doesn't work with the current PCSDK (5831). (SDKs should always have back versions available for cases like this, and the version should be in the download filename for clarity.) Thanks!

Hi NoirFlux,

I still have the original Beta SDK download (5057) so if you really need it let me know. What are the problems you have with the latest Beta2 SDK as it would be better to work with the latest version?

David

Thanks daflipper, that would be very helpful! I am using a package called "vvvv", and a user has created a PCSDK plugin for it, but it apparently only works with 5057. The discussion thread on this is here: http://vvvv.org/contribution/plugin-for-softkinetic-ds325-creative-inter... which shows the fault. This plugin would be the fastest way for me to test the camera and SDK as I have considerable vvvv code and applications it could directly plug into. If needed, I can send you an ftp upload link. I would happily use the latest SDK, but the plugin creator has been silent on the topic. Thanks again!

Hi NoirFlux,

Let me know if you want the Beta version and I'll attach it to a post unless anyone from Intel objects.

David

Yes, beta 5057 would be great! Thanks!

Original Beta is attached - I'll remove if requested.

File as originally downloaded but use at your own risk no warranty given or implied and I accept no liability for its use.

David

Adjuntos: 

After your previous post I tried doing a web search for pcsdk-beta.zip (not 2) and eventually after some thrashing found this direct Intel link:
http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/2808/IntelPer...

Which is 5057. But no telling how long that will remain valid, so thanks for yours!

Glad to be of help.

David

The zip archive for the Beta2 SDK appears to be corrupted and the download fails at around 38MB, while the actual size is 99MB. Has anyone else encountered the same issue? The same problem occurs with the voice addon at around 40MB. I wonder if there is some server side problem that's preventing the entire file from being downloaded.

Quote:

Zahoor Z. wrote:

The zip archive for the Beta2 SDK appears to be corrupted and the download fails at around 38MB, while the actual size is 99MB. Has anyone else encountered the same issue? The same problem occurs with the voice addon at around 40MB. I wonder if there is some server side problem that's preventing the entire file from being downloaded.

No, it works fine over here

-- May the source be with you.

@Abhishek 81 Quote:

Abhishek 81 wrote:

How to use it with C Sharp?i am unable to add reference to the required DLL files?And which DLL files are necessary to include in project?

You get answer to this question in "doc" folder of pcsdk in "sdkmanual-core.pdf" on last page (p.131) in Appendix B. 

Well for your simplicity I'll include it here.

Appendix B: C# Language Support
The C# wrapper source code is located under framework/CSharp/libpxcclr. The compiled DLL files libpxcclr.dll are under the bin/win32 and bin/x64 directories. The C# wrapper is a straight porting from the C++ interface. Refer to the C++ functions in this manual and additional SDK manuals for the function definitions. The differences are as follows:

 C# classes and definitions use the PXCM or pxcm prefix. For example, PXCSession becomes PXCMSession. pxcStatus becomes pxcmStatus.

 Unlike in C++, where the application can directly use enumeration definitions, in C#, the application must use the enumeration name as a namespace of the enumeration definitions. For example, PXC_STATUS_NO_ERROR becomes pxcmStatus.PXCM_STATUS_NO_ERROR.

 Use the PXCMSession.CreateSession function to create a SDK session. See PXCSession_Create function for details.

 All SDK classes implement the IDispose interface. The application must explicitly call the Dispose function to clean up any resources after use.

 If an SDK module exposes multiple interfaces, the application should use the DynamicCast function to cast the module instance to different interfaces.

 The C# wrapper ports certain simple query and set functions as properties. For example, the PXCSession::QueryVersion becomes a property of PXCMSession.

 A QueryBitmap function is added in the PXCMImage function for rendering the image on the screen.

See framework/CSharp/gesture_viewer_simple.cs for an example.

Vikas Verma

Interesting. Yesterday, after trying multiple times I was unable to download it over two different internet connections. Whatever the problem was it seems to be fixed and I am able to download it now.

@Vikas..Thanks for your response.

I have already figured the way how to get it working with C #.Anyways it was so kind of you for your reply.Are you working on any project @Intel Perceptual Challeng?How is it Going?

Abhishek Nandy

Quote:

Zahoor Z. wrote:

I have also had the same problem. I have tried to download this zip file multiple times and it is always corrupt. I am working off of the 5057 SDK right now, however that is immensly slow and buggy. I am hoping that the new version is better but could someone attach a non corrupt zip file for it?

We’re aware of the problem and it’s being worked on …. Thanks!

The download issue should be fixed now. Please let me know if you still have such issue. Thanks!

Great! It works now! And wow there is a major performance improvement just in the capture viewer itself. 

The Beta 2 update has helped me to sompile my app.Thanks

Abhishek Nandy

What are the changes in the latest SDK with context with Unity?

Abhishek Nandy

There is no contest changes with Unity in latest SDK. Thanks!

Oh Thanks for the SDK, last time i joined Intel innovation & Technology at Jakarta, perC is very amazing. let me try ^_^

Smart and Young..

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.