Creating New Data Breakpoint

Creating New Data Breakpoint

I just upgraded from Intel Fortran 2011 to 2013, and from Visual Studio 8 to 2012. I can no longer create a new Data Breakpoint. If I use LOC(VAR),X it reports a syntax error. If I use LOC(VAR) it reports Unable to evaluate the expression. The Language drop-down box only shows C and C++. I don't remember if it used to include Fortran or not.

publicaciones de 5 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

No, it never included Fortran. I know there are several debugging issues related to VS2012. I will look to see if this one is known.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

I haven't had an issue when not using LOC. However in situations where a helper is required for data break point (IOW the FORTRAN expression is meaningless in Data Break location edit box), then go to the Memory window, enter the FORTRAN expression to examine, then copy the hex address to edit buffer. Next go back to the Data Break and paste the hex address (you may need to tweek the hex display format from memory to the hex input format data break).

Jim Dempsey

www.quickthreadprogramming.com

The developers tell me that the issue reported here will be fixed in Update 2, planned for late January. Jim has a good workaround.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thanks Steve and Jim. For my particular situation, I think that using an older version of Visual Studio will be the best workaround until VS 2012 is fixed. Hopefully they will also restore the ability to examine a variable by placing the mouse cursor over it.

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya