Intel Software Developer Community free gift and the search button

Intel Software Developer Community free gift and the search button

Imagen de quarkz

Hi,

I received an email saying that I'm going to get a free gift from Intel for contributing to the Intel Software Developer Community:

Dear XXX,

We appreciate the great work you are doing by sharing your knowledge with the Intel® Software Developer Community. We would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for your generous contribution to the Intel® Developer Zone in 2012!

You have demonstrated outstanding technical skills and a willingness to share those skills and knowledge with others on a consistent basis. As a token of our appreciation for your contributions, we would like to offer you a modest holiday gift.

To receive your gift, could you please reply with the following information?

• Your full name:
• Your mailing address:
• Your phone number:

Continue with your contributions, and you could be welcomed as one of our Intel® Black Belt Software Developers!

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. Again, thank you for your generous contribution to the Intel® DZ community.

Sincerely,

Intel® Black Belt Software Developer Program team

Is this true? The email comes from someone at caffelli.com. Just to verify it's not some hoax.

Also, is the search button for the forum still available? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks and Merry Christmas and happy new year!

publicaciones de 13 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de netphilou31

Hi,

I have seen something similar in my inbox, unfortunately I did have the time to answer because our spam system as deleted it.
If not spam I will be pleased if you can resend me the message.

Best regards,

Imagen de Daniel I.

Hello!

I got the exact same e-mail.
A certain Dmitry Oganezov was copied on it.

I say it is definitely a hoax as Intel would already have our contact details from when we registered.

Kind regards,
Daniel I.

Imagen de Steve Lionel (Intel)

It is not a hoax - sorry if it looked as if it was. The letter is asking for a shipping address, which Intel does not have for you.

Steve
Imagen de netphilou31

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the information
However in my case I don't have the message anymore in my in-box as it has been deleted so I don't know to whom I need to answer.
Best regards,

Imagen de Tim Prince

I received a different version of this message. Dmitry is among those responsible for organizing these IDZ forums, yet it did look suspect, not only to spam filters. I do wonder sometimes why Intel puts so much spam filter bait in announcements.

I will send each of you a private message with the details.

Steve
Imagen de netphilou31

Thanks,

Imagen de Daniel I.

Steve,

Thank you for your post. This is a nice surprise. I will reply to the e-mail.

I hope everyone has a safe, peaceful Christmas, and happy New Year.

Best wishes,
Daniel.

Imagen de quarkz

Thanks for the clarification! I'll respond too, almost I'm not sure if they will deliver overseas.

Imagen de Dmitry Oganezov (Intel)

Hi All, 

I'm sorry if this email looks suspicious to you. We wanted to recognize and reward the most active IDZ members. Caffelli agency facilitates us in rewarding.

Please do not worry, we do not share, rent, sell, or otherwise use any personal information you give us. Your personal data, including shipping address and phone number will be used only for reward fulfillment purposes and won’t be kept longer than needed. I really hope next year we'll create a better process to reward our valuable members.

And yes, we deliver overseas ;)

Once again, let me thank you for your remarkable contribution to the Intel® Developer Zone in 2012! Have a merry Christmas and happy New Year holidays!

--Dmitry Oganezov

Imagen de Anthony Richards

For the same reason, I received a $25 Visa debit gift card in 2010, but I couldn't find a way of using it as I am UK-based.
Thanks anyway, Intel! I do have a PayPal account though, please feel free to donate to that, otherwise, a book or book token would be appreciated, or a donation to a nominated charity.

(I note that the gift card cost Intel $3.95, which seemed a bit steep to me, and the terms and conditions appeared pretty fierce, for example,
"Your visa gift card expires on the date printed on the front of the card. Unless prohibited by law, a monthly maintenance fee of $2.00 per month will be deducted from your balance beginning the 13th month from the date of the card purchase, until the value of the card reaches $0". Use it or lose it!)

What I do with gift cards like this is buy Amazon gift certificates with them. You might have to guess a bit at the conversion rate when redeeming on a non-US site. If what you get is something similar, send me a private message and we can work out an exchange via PayPal.

Steve

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.