Catastrophic ICE when compiling with -standard-semantics

Catastrophic ICE when compiling with -standard-semantics

I have come across an ICE when compiling with -standard-semantics.  The compiler used is

Intel(R) Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 13.0.1.117 Build 20121010
Copyright (C) 1985-2012 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

The machine is

Linux 3.6.11-1.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Dec 17 22:16:35 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Unfortunately, the program is pretty complicated. I am uploading a bzip compressed tar file with enough of it to demonstrate the problem, along with a makefile.  If -assume norealloc_lhs is added to the options, the ICE goes away. 

AdjuntoTamaño
Descargar standardsemantics.tar.bz239.35 KB
publicaciones de 4 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Thanks - I can reproduce the error and will see if I can reduce the test case, then I will escalate to development. I will follow up here with any news.

I suggest that you modify your Intel Developer Zone profile to choose a "Display Name" that is not your email address.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

This problem is fixed in Update 2, which will be released later this month.  A workaround is to replace line 167 in moredt_I.f90, which reads:

iropt= max(iropt, iropt(icell))

with:

iropt = max(iropt(icell), iropt)

This will give the same result and avoid the compiler error.  Please let me know if this helps.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thanks for the patch.  Since the reallocate was the major reason for turning on standard semantics, its good to not have to disable it for this routine.

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya