Secondary Hand - Finger Tracking

Secondary Hand - Finger Tracking

Hello, I am in the process of developing an application that uses the gestures. More specifically, the finger tracking. What I have discovered is that the fingers on the secondary hand do not correspond to their flag. This is what I do: 

1. Get and assign LABEL_BODY_HAND_PRIMARY position
  2. Get and assign LABEL_BODY_HAND_PRIMARY | LABEL_FINGER_THUMB position
  3. Get and assign LABEL_BODY_HAND_PRIMARY | LABEL_FINGER_INDEX position
  4. Get and assign LABEL_BODY_HAND_PRIMARY | LABEL_FINGER_MIDDLE position
  5. Get and assign LABEL_BODY_HAND_PRIMARY | LABEL_FINGER_RING position
  6. Get and assign LABEL_BODY_HAND_PRIMARY | LABEL_FINGER_PINKY position
  1. Get and assign LABEL_BODY_HAND_SECONDARY position
  2. Get and assign LABEL_BODY_HAND_SECONDARY | LABEL_FINGER_THUMB position
  3. Get and assign LABEL_BODY_HAND_SECONDARY | LABEL_FINGER_INDEX position
  4. Get and assign LABEL_BODY_HAND_SECONDARY | LABEL_FINGER_MIDDLE position
  5. Get and assign LABEL_BODY_HAND_SECONDARY | LABEL_FINGER_RING position
  6. Get and assign LABEL_BODY_HAND_SECONDARY | LABEL_FINGER_PINKY position

Each of the above steps assign the position to colored circles and everything is fine for each hand individually, but as soon as both hands are detected the secondary hand (the hand that was detected last) gets the finders mixed up. I was not able to detect a pattern, it seems that is always random. At first I thought that the hand is mirrored ie. PINKY becomes THUMB, RING becomes INDEX and so on, but that is not what happens. 

The above behavior can also be observed in the gesture_viewer demo. To make it easier I assigned different color to each finger.

Is this a glitch in the sdk?

Thanks in advance.

publicaciones de 2 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

I found more information that might be relevant in resolving the above issue. When both hands are detected, if one finger is hidden (goes towards the palm position and is not detected anymore) the colored circle that corresponds to the same finger on the other hand also disappears.  

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.