Contest category descriptions

Contest category descriptions

Is there more info on each of the category, and what if a single entry fits multiple categories?

publicaciones de 4 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hi.  The description for the contest categories are available on the contest website (look for the banners at the top of the racecar sim).   At this time we do not have any more detailed description.   It is understandable for your prototype to fit multiple categories.   For example a perceptual gaming prototype can also have a creative user interface.   However, at this time we are asking participants to select a particular category.  Please select one that best represents your idea and app prototype.   Good luck! 

Can you provide a direct link? Thanks

I'll just cut and paste the category descriptions from the contest website.  Here they are:

Perceptual Gaming: Games have pushed the technology envelope and driven innovation with user interaction. The Intel Perceptual Computing SDK 2013 offers different usage modes from finger/hand tracking, speech recognition to object tracking, allowing creative ways to interact with applications. If you have a great idea on how to incorporate these capabilities into a fun game, select this category. 

Multi-Modal: The Intel Perceptual Computing SDK 2013 offers developers the capability to combine multiple usage modes in an application to enable an immersive interaction. If you have a great idea on combining any of the perceptual computing usage modes (i.e. finger/hand tracking, speech recognition, facial analysis or 2D/3D object tracking) into a compelling application, select this category.

Creative User Interface: Select this category if you’ve developed an innovative means for users to interact with applications using any combination of the perceptual computing usage modes (i.e. finger/hand tracking, speech recognition, facial analysis or 2D/3D object tracking) or even a single usage mode. For example, you might have developed a unique interface for users to interact with sw applications via a combination of speech recognition and mid-air gestures.

Productivity:  Select this category if you’ve utilized the perceptual computing usage modes (i.e. finger/hand tracking, speech recognition, facial analysis or 2D/3D object tracking) to enhance a user’s ability to accomplish tasks with a non-gaming application (i.e. there is a separate category for gaming). For example, if you’ve developed a drawing application that uses mid-air hand gestures to create diagrams, this would be the category for you. Keep in mind that it’s not necessary to REPLACE mouse and keyboard, but you want to use perceptual computing usages to ENHANCE a user’s ability to accomplish a task.

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.