missing libscif.so.0 object file?

missing libscif.so.0 object file?

Imagen de King Crimson

Hi all,

I'm trying to install MPSS on Ubuntu 12.04 (I understand that only redhat and suse are well supported). I convert the .rpm files into .deb using "alien", and install them by the command dpkg -i *.deb. No error is reported in the installation process. But as I try to invoke micctrl or other mic utility such as micinfo, one message pops up:

error while loading shared libraries: libscif.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

What does this error mean? When and where is that shared library supposed to be installed? Thanks!

The keeper of the city keys Put shutters on the dreams. I wait outside the pilgrim's door With insufficient schemes. The black queen chants The funeral march, The cracked brass bells will ring; To summon back the fire witch To the court of the crimson king.
publicaciones de 6 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de Tim Prince

Normal location of that library is /opt/intel/mic/filesystem/base/lib64/libscif.so.0

and it gets copied to /lib64 on the coprocessor in a default (no mounts) installation.

Imagen de foelsche@sbcglobal.net

Who copies this library there?!

Which software?

This library is nowhere to be found under the directory from intel.

And I asked my administrator to install it!

Imagen de BELINDA L. (Intel)

this gets installed as part of the MPSS (latest package: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-many-integrated-core-architecture-intel-mic-architecture-platform-software-stack  )

make sure your system administrator has installed it properly (and using the latest?)

more specifically this rpm in the mpss has it (example here was what I had installed recently on an RHEL system)

rpm -ql intel-mic-gpl-2.1.5889-16.el6.x86_64 | grep libscif.so
/opt/intel/mic/filesystem/base/lib64/libscif.so.0
/opt/intel/mic/filesystem/base/lib64/libscif.so.0.0.1
/usr/lib64/libscif.so
/usr/lib64/libscif.so.0
/usr/lib64/libscif.so.0.0.1
/usr/linux-k1om-4.7/linux-k1om/usr/lib64/libscif.so
/usr/linux-k1om-4.7/linux-k1om/usr/lib64/libscif.so.0
/usr/linux-k1om-4.7/linux-k1om/usr/lib64/libscif.so.0.0.1

Imagen de Frances Roth (Intel)

I'm wondering if the micctrl --initdefaults got run. The easy way to tell would be to look in /etc/sysconfig/mic. And look in /opt/intel/mic/filesystem to see if there is a mic0.image file. Even if the file is in /opt/intel/mic/filesystem/base/lib64/libscif.so.0, it won't make it to the coprocessor unless it is in the image file.

Imagen de Kevin Davis (Intel)

It is host-side commands (micctrl, micinfo) that are not working. The missing file resides on the host under /usr/lib64. From a RHEL6.3 install, here's what exists:

$ pwd
/usr/lib64

$  ls -l libsci*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    16 Jan 29 02:15 libscif.so -> libscif.so.0.0.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    16 Jan 29 02:15 libscif.so.0 -> libscif.so.0.0.1
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 20434 Dec 17 04:58 libscif.so.0.0.1

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.