Culled Triangles

Culled Triangles

Hey everyone! I'm stuck, and have a simple question:

Is it possible to request Havok to ignore culled triangles for routines such as castRay()? What I mean is that I want to allow the ray to pass through the back of triangles until it strikes a facing surface. Is this possible? I can't seem to find any mention of triangle culling in the documentation.

Normally, it wouldn't be an issue. But I use ray casts in my game editor to select objects that use Havok triangle meshes for collision. Since this issue is for my editor, I'm open to decent hacks if there is no better answer.

Thank you for any help!

publicaciones de 3 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de Havok_Amy

Hi Bobby

Have you had a look at Physics/UseCase/CustomCollectors/BackfacesCulledRayHitCollectorDemo? This uses a custom hkpRayHitCollector, BackfacesCulledRayHitCollector, which ignores raycast hits if the normal of the raycast hit & the corresponding triangle normal are in opposite directions.

Amy Developer Support Engineer Havok www.havok.com

No I didn't. I searched through the documentation for culled triangles, but forgot to look through the demos. Thank you again for your help!

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.