Fixed hand shape for activation system

Fixed hand shape for activation system

Is it possible to configure particular hand shape to initiate application? We would like to initiate application SW only when camera detects 5 fingers (Paper), for example. It can be used in public space, and application SW will become active only someone wants to use this system and gesture particular hand shape to camera.

publicaciones de 18 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Could you provide more detail info? Thanks!

You are talking about creating custom gestures, like both hands up or pinch to zoom etc stuff. Yes we can do that.

There is a case that the application detects head wrongly and tracking it's movement, and application took time to detact hand. It's example sceinario, Show head to camera (no hand in monitor)-> Application starts tracking head movement->Show hands to camera. To avoid such case, we wonder if it's possible to configure initial hand shape to start tracking it's movement (or start application). Is it possible?

Do you need further detail?

It seems there is no way to configure gesture to start tracking, correct? Please advice. Thanks!

Can you activiate your application logic only when BIG5 is detected? BIG5 is part of the recognized poses.

Thanks for the comment. Yes, we can, but how about tracking system? I think it's feature part of Camera and Perceptual computing SDK, and can't manage by application logic on the top of SDK. Is it possible to configure SDK to start tracking, only when BIG5 is detected, for example?

BIG5 detection requires finger tracking. So the tracking system cannot be idle. Are you trying to save some power?

No, we concern the case it detects head/face wrongly and keep tracking it, and take time to detect BIG5. Anyway, thank you very much for your input. I understand that the tracking system should be activated before detection.

Hi all,

I'm a newbie with this SDK. I got the camera, and tried to test some samples along with.

But there are a few gestures recognized, how can I create custom gestures and recognize them? Could you please provide some info about recognizing BIG5 or something like that? Will I need a training set to recognize custom gestures? Or just need to build a shape-based model (fingers, angle between fingers,...)?

Thanks,

James. 

Hello James, Big5 gesture is already present in PXCMGesture.Gesture.Label.BIG5.

Hi Shyam,

Yes, I know. But I want to recognize custom getures like A letter (American Sign Language).

Can you provide me something to recognize it? How to get it working?

Thanks,

James.

There is no special training tool in SDK package for custom gestures, but you can use finger position data as basis for recognition of custom gestures.

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm trying to use this information for my recognition.

However, I have another problem, could you please help me on that?

1. The SDK usually recognizes wrong fingers (pinky -> thumb, ring -> middle,...), especially it does the recognition wrongly 

when there is only one finger raised.

2. Sometimes, it recognizes wrong hands (right -> left). For example, it says "left hand" while the right hand shows up.

Is there any extra information to improve or verify?

Thanks,

James. 

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm trying to use this information for my recognition.

1. The SDK usually recognizes wrong fingers (pinky -> thumb, ring -> middle,...), especially it does the recognition wrongly 

2. Sometimes, it recognizes wrong hands (right -> left). For example, it says "left hand" while the right hand shows up.

Thanks,

James. 

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks,

James.

The "wrong finger problem" again, heh. I think at the moment there is no official solution yet. You either have to try and figure out a method for yourself (for instance a relative position between fingertip and palm or similar) or only use one pose which consists of only one finger (meaning that whether you show your pinky, thumb, ring, middle or index finger all lead to the same result to prevent errors).

If anyone should find something simple please post it here, you're not the only one with that problem..

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya