error #6405: The same named entity from different modules and/or program units cannot be referenced.

error #6405: The same named entity from different modules and/or program units cannot be referenced.

Hi, all:

I'm having weird problem with Intel Fortran composer 2013 update 2. I'm trying to compile a simple sample code on using TCP/IP in IVF, see attached. Composer 2013 gave me the following error on all TCPIP functions:

But Composer 2011 can compile the same code without any problem. I also found in the forum that people are having similar problems in Composer 2013 update 2. What are really changed? Can someone help me understand?

Thanks,

Jim

AdjuntoTamaño
Descargar source1.f905.6 KB
publicaciones de 3 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

That name is defined in modules wsock32 and ws2_32. The difference seems to be that ws2_32 was added to ifwin for the 2013 compiler. We did this because other customers complained ifwin didn't have "everything" but perhaps there is too much overlap between wsock32 sand ws2_32. I have asked the developers to pull WS2_32 out of IFWIN - the issue ID is DPD200241877.

The solution for you is to use the individual Windows API module(s) rather than IFWIN.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Steve:

Thanks for your fast and helpful explanation. Problem is solved by changing to use wsock32 module.

Jim

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya