Missing dll

Missing dll

I am getting the following error when trying to build a fortran project:

warning #31001 The dll (mspdb80.dll or mspdb100.dll) for reading and writing the pdb could not be found on your path. This is usually a configuration error.Compilation will continue using /Z7 instead of /Zi, but expect asimilar error when you link your program.

This leads the program to be unable to compile without errors, such as:

error #10037: could not find 'link'

Any ideas?

-John

publicaciones de 20 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

I have seen this error in VS2005 where mspdb80.dll somehow ends up in the wrong folder. Is this file on your system? If you find it, I suggest copying it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE  (Remove the "(x86)" if using a 32-bit system. You may also want to try installing Service Pack 1 for VS2005.

Which Visual Studio version and which Intel Visual Fortran version are you using?

Steve - Intel Developer Support

I found mspdb80.dll in the folder you suggested moving it to already.  mspdb100.dll is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE.  I am running Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (version 10.0.30319.1 RTMRel) and Intel Visual Fortran 2013.  Should I still try to install Service Pack 1 for VS2005?

If you are using VS2010, then don't bother with VS2005. I was a bit confused by the message mentioning mspdb80.dll. In your case that is not used - mspdb100.dll is the important one.

In VS2010, select Tools > Options > Intel Composer XE > Visual Fortran > Compilers.  Click on the ... button to the right of Executables.  Copy the list there and paste it into a reply here.  Click the x64 tab and do the same thing.

Under the Win32 tab it says "No compiler installed", and under the x64 tab, this is the list from Executables:

$(IFortInstallDir)bin\Intel64
$(VSInstallDir)Common7\ide
$(VCInstallDir)bin\amd64
$(VCInstallDir)bin
$(VSInstallDir)Common7\Tools
$(VSInstallDir)Common7\Tools\bin
$(FrameworkDir)$(FrameworkVersion)
$(WindowsSdkDir)bin
$(PATH)

John

Well, that is certainly interesting.  Are you building a 32-bit application?  I suggest downloading and installing the compiler product that says it is for both 32-bit and 64-bit development.

I don't know if it is supposed to be 32-bit or 64-bit.  I have tried compiling two different codes, and neither will compile.  The second code is much simpler and gives a different error (rc.exe not found), but I figured the problems were related.

If you haven't selected x64 as the project configuration, you're building 32-bit and you don't have the 32-bit compiler installed.

Oh, of course.  Switching to x64 as the project configuration was required before it would allow a build attempt, so that is what it has been using that led to the above errors.  Since my system is 64-bit, would the 32-bit installation help?

You must use the 32-bit compiler if you will run on a 32-bit OS installation or if using 32-bit libraries.  Otherwise, the 64-bit compiler will work by itself.

Okay, so not having the 32-bit compiler shouldn't hurt me.  So, any other ideas on how to deal with the errors ("rc.exe not found" and "Warning 31001: the dll could not be found")?  Maybe a re-install?

Are you using the VS2010 Shell from Fortran or a separately installed VS2010? That rc.exe could also not be found is very strange.

I believe the VS2010 shell was installed separately.

I also see this message when I open "Build Environment for Intel Cluster Studio XE 2013":

"Intel(R) Composer XE 2013 Update 2 (package 149) The specified configuration type is missing. The tools for the configuration might not be installed."

Also, some VS2010 Express software was installed previously.  I don't know if this could cause any problems.

Yes, it probably would cause problems. Can you uninstall VS2010 Express and the VS Shell, plus the Intel Visual Fortran files for Visual Studio Shell, then reinstall Fortran (with the shell)?

Cita:

John P. escribió:

I am getting the following error when trying to build a fortran project:

warning #31001 The dll (mspdb80.dll or mspdb100.dll) for reading and writing the pdb could not be found on your path. This is usually a configuration error.Compilation will continue using /Z7 instead of /Zi, but expect asimilar error when you link your program.

This leads the program to be unable to compile without errors, such as:

error #10037: could not find 'link'

Any ideas?

-John

I unfortuantely have the same problem and I have spent the last 2 days trying to resolve this without any success and getting rather desparate! I have upgraded to VS2012 and then installed the latest Intel Fortran (Composer XE 2013) and this problem has started. I never had any problem using Intel Fortran with VS before.  I have uninstalled VS and Fortran and reinstalling them without any success.

In the Composer XE 2013\bin folder there is a "vsshell2012vars_arch.bat", is this relevant? Are these 2 lines in the file correct?:

SET VSINSTALLDIR=%VSSHELL110INSTALLDIR%
SET VCINSTALLDIR=%VSINSTALLDIR%\Intel Fortran\Microsoft Files\VC

Please help, thanks.

I have encountered the same problem as John. The problem started after I have upgraded to VS2012 and installed the latest Composer XE 2013 yesterday. I have uninstalled/reinstalled them and the problem does not go away. Please help, thanks.

r.k, that particular .bat file is not used in your circumstance. Are you seeing this error when building in Visual Studio? Please attach a ZIP of the buildlog.htm from the Debug folder

Would ytou pl

The problem has disappeared today! There was a Windows update and that probably cured the problem.  Thanks anyway.

Raymond

Okay, after removing all VS programs and (re)installing VS 2012 and Intel Visual Fortran 2013, I no longer have these issues.  Thanks!

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya