Havok 2012.02 release missing debug database files?

Havok 2012.02 release missing debug database files?

Hi!

I am trying to compile my project against debug_dll binaries (2012.2 release), but all the debug database files (.pdb) seem to be missing, leaving me with a bunch of 4099 warnings. I also tried to compile against dev_dll binaries, but it seems I get LNK2038 errors indicating some sort of build type mismatch at some point (debug/release).

Thanks!

publicaciones de 10 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Same here, tho it doesn't seem like a big deal if you have the PC win32 version cuz you dont have the source enyways, but weird that the dev  version has them all.

@kukobar: All the other versions have them but both debug ones. Have you found a way to suppress 4099 warning? Looks like it's one of those unignorable ones, the warnings are rather annoying and time-consuming. You are right though, I don't have the source, but then again if I don't, what harm would it do leaving them .pdb files? I don't see a point in doing so. Anyways, thanks and happy coding!

Imagen de Havok_Amy

Hi Brin,

The 4099 warnings are expected for the Debug configuration. To keep download sizes manageable, we don't distribute the .pdbs for FullDebug(now called Debug in 2012.2). If you are still having trouble with the Dev or Release configuration, please post the full error message so we can see exactly what is mismatching.

Amy Developer Support Engineer Havok www.havok.com
Imagen de Havok_Amy

Also this thread may have some info if you are trying to use VS2012 with our VS2010 projects.

Hi Havok_Amy,

Thanks for the reply. I have resolved the issue on LNK2038 errors - it was my mistake, compiling dev_dll config using /MDd runtime library flag instead of /MD.
I am using VS2010, but since we're on the subject, is there a planed version of Havok for use with VS2012. You see, PIX for Windows is no longer supported since a March (?) Windows update, and supposedly a sound alternative is the Graphics Diagnostic tool that's a part of VS2012. Anyways, thank you again for your help.

Best regards.

Imagen de Havok_Amy

Hi Brin,

We should have VS2012 projects in the next Havok release but it isn't entirely up to us so I can't say for sure. Intel also have a say in which packages are made available for users of the free version, however I don't imagine there will any problems with this :) We don't have a fixed release date for the free version but you can probably expect it around June/July this year.

Hi Amy, thanks on the update!

Hi,

New Havok version is released, supports VS2012.
When you have issues with missing pdb files on debug, try using dev libraries (copy settings from Release and it should work fine).

Hi,

I will look into that. Thank you and the team for the great support you provide!

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.