Alternate Install Location for MPSS

Alternate Install Location for MPSS

I have installed the Intel compilers into an alternate path. Where do I need to install the MPSS In order to use the -mmic flag when using the Intel compiler?

the install path of the Intel Compiler:

/project/bldenv/x86_linux_2/compilers/icc/13.0.1/x86-64_linux_2/install/composer_xe_2013.1.117/bin/intel64

This is a shared filesystem. I do not wish to install the MPSS under /opt/intel/....

Where should the various pieces of the MPSS be installed so the Intel compiler installed into the above location will find what it needs to? This is a cross compilation situation - the machine has no Phi card.

publicaciones de 6 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

I will double check, but I believe it is still the case that the MPSS must be installed in /opt/intel/mic - there are some thing that count on this path.

Frances has also suggested a workaround in http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/379810 

Right, I double checked but it is still the case that the install directory must be called /opt/intel/mic, although physically this can be a mount point rather than an actual directory.There are environment variables that can be used to point the compiler to alternate locations for the libraries and include files (see /opt/intel/composer_xe_{version_number}/bin/intel64_mic/x86_64-linux.env) but starting, stopping and monitoring the coprocessor still requires that there be an /opt/intel/mic.

I am just interested in altering the locations that the compiler/linker looks to. Any doc on using/modifying the x86_64-linux.env file?  Thanks.

For purposes of cross compiling only (as you said, you are actually compiling on a machine without a coprocessor card), you will need the files that normally get installed under /usr/linux-k1om-4.7 when the MPSS is installed.

If the files are at /usr/linux-k1om-4.7, you don't need to do anything special. If you decide that you want to put those files somewhere else, for example, /my_build_env/usr/linux-k1om-4.7, then you will want to set the environment variable MIC_SYSROOT to /my_build_env . Keep it simple, keep the usr/linux-k1om-4.7 part of the name as is and you only need to set the MIC_SYSROOT environment variable. You don't need to change the x86_64-linux.env file itself.

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.