Custom collector for getPenetrations() function

Custom collector for getPenetrations() function

Hi,

So I think there are 3 available collectors. Correct me if I'm wrong:

• hkpFlagCdBodyPairCollector will return a boolean hit as soon as it finds one. When a hit is found, the code early exits and does not process more objects.
  • hkpFirstCdBodyPairCollector is exactly the same, but it stores some additional information about the touched object.
  • hkpAllCdBodyPairCollector basically stores & returns everything.

So now imagine a scene with a sphere touching two highly-tesselated meshes. I am looking for a collector that would return two hits in that case (i.e. the two meshes). However it seems that none of the available collectors do that:

• hkpFlagCdBodyPairCollector and hkpFirstCdBodyPairCollector will return one hit only
  • hkpAllCdBodyPairCollector will apparently return a huge number of hits, probably one for each touched triangle. This is way more than I need, and probably slower than necessary.

Is that roughly correct? And is there a collector that would do what I need here? Or a way to create a custom one?

Thanks.

- Pierre

publicaciones de 3 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Hi Pierre,

Those are the only 3 collectors we provide but you can create your own custom collector, it will just need to inherit from hkpCdBodyPairCollector and implement an addCdBodyPair(...) function.

Amy Developer Support Engineer Havok www.havok.com

Thanks, I will try this.

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya