Program fails to write output to printer unless in Debug Mode

Program fails to write output to printer unless in Debug Mode

Imagen de Ken

I have a program that was running fine with older version of IVF, but under the present version 2013.3.171 it will not output to the printer unless I am running in Debug mode.  With Release and under Debug while running "Start without Debugging" it seems to run to the istat statement and just stops with a blinking cursor on the screen.  The Printer popup Window never opens to select the printer name.  When stepping through in Debug mode it works normal.

My code is setup like the following:

OPEN (UNIT=2,FILE=' ',FORM='FORMATTED', STATUS='scratch')  ! opening for output to file unit 2

Write(2......

Write(2.....

istat =  Print_Unit (2, Default_Printer=.FALSE.,Horiz_Margin=1.18,

& Font="Lucida Console",Point_Size=9)

I am using the latest FORTRAN_WINPRINT.F90 ROUTINE which is included in my source files.  I have this same routine is several other programs with no issues.  I am not sure why only this program has the problem.  I would appreciate your help.

publicaciones de 8 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de Steve Lionel (Intel)

Try taking out FILE="". I am not sure what is triggering this for you. You may want to carefully compare the project settings between Debug and Release - look especially to see if you have any /fpscomp options selected.

Steve
Imagen de Ken

Like I say, I am using this in several other programs with no issues.  Here are my FORTRAN complier Options: 

DEBUG:

/nologo /debug:full /Od /fpscomp:filesfromcmd /fpscomp:general /warn:interfaces /Qsave /module:"Debug\\" /object:"Debug\\" /Fd"Debug\vc100.pdb" /traceback /check:bounds /libs:qwin /dbglibs /c

Release:

/nologo /O2 /fpscomp:filesfromcmd /fpscomp:general /Qsave /module:"Release\\" /object:"Release\\" /Fd"Release\vc100.pdb" /libs:qwin /cRelease:

What is the difference when I am in Debug mode and I am using "Start debugging" in lieu of  "Start without Debugging"?

If you have a way I can send you the code please let me know how.

Imagen de Annalee (Intel)

Hello Ken,

You can attach your code to this issue or submit it through Premier Support.

Regards,

Annalee 

Imagen de Ken

I can send to one of you (Intel Support), but I do not want to attach it where anyone can get to it.    So where is best?  I have done this many times at Premier Support, but it sometimes takes awhile to get a response.

Premier support is best. You should get a response within 24 hours on premier support. If you post the issue number, I can assign it to myself.

Annalee

Imagen de Ken

Actually it is working.  I got caught will the Print Window hidden behind the programs window.  I have not been able to fix that yet, but now I know what to look for.  Is there away to make sure my programs window opens, but does not have focus?  Maybe that will stop this.  After searching the internet it seems to be a common problem with Windows 7.  There does not seem to be a Windows fix I can find.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Thank you for letting us know.

Annalee

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.