How long do i have to wait until a post is accepted?

How long do i have to wait until a post is accepted?

Hello,

the current version of this forum is questionable. Why do i have to wait a couple of hours until a misterios person has approved my post? An then i have to wait again until the answering post is accepted.

Is there any improvement visible at the horizont?

Frank

publicaciones de 14 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

i have to add a second question:

Why has been this post accepted within 1 second?

I still have an other post (since 2 hours) waiting for an approval.

Frank

Under unfavorable circumstances I once had to wait for two days until my post was accepted. The time delay is acceptable at most cases now. I do not understand why the acceptance procedure was introduced at all. Or did I miss something?

It can be more than a day for acceptance!!!  The post content seems to be a factor for example if you have an html link or html code  it is very likley to be sent to be moderated. It is all to block spam but it is quite annoying when the link is to another topic on the forum! There are probably a lot more rules at play also...

I totally agree it is frustrating and needs some improvement. Why block users with a proper history of contribution also....??

This is something we're working to improve.  We had a difficult problem with spammers, and are using a commercial filtering service to help. One issue right now is that if a user gets one post that the filter doesn't like, futur eposts from that user tend to be automatically held. But why a repeat post goes through is a mystery to me...We try to clear the moderation queue quickly, but on weekends it may take longer. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have a better solution soon.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

>>>One issue right now is that if a user gets one post that the filter doesn't like,>>>

What are those spam filter constaints that frequently trigger post blocking?

Sometimes my posts are not approved even those ones without any url.

Reading my last post it looks a bit terse! That wasn't actually the intent but an improved solution would be greatlty appreciated! Spammer/hackers and the rest are a huge problem that waste enormus amounts of time, effort and money! 

@app4619

Adding some logic to spam filter would be greatly appreciated.The simplest heuristic could be for example checking the user identity and validating it against a database.

Steve, is some kind of whitelist possible? I mean there are many contributers here who post on regular basis.

Of course an account could be hacked and used for spamming the forums.
My suggestion would be: If a suspicious post is being detected a note to the moderators would be sufficent instead of holding it back until the moderator approves the answer.

>>>Steve, is some kind of whitelist possible? I mean there are many contributers here who post on regular basis.>>>

Completely agree with you.

Yes, I can add specific members to a whitelist and will do so for some of our more frequent contributors. (Those who have been awarded "Intel Black Belts" are already exempt.

The problem with allowing it to post and then reacting is that we have been hit heavily by sports event spammers who need their post active for only a few hours in order to get what they want - search engine indexing. The forums would get flooded with hundreds of these posts, from a variety of usernames, all a bit different, and posted in the middle of the night on weekends. By the time we could delete the posts, they had served their purpose. I know that on more than one occasion I spent hours on weekends deleting the posts.

I have no idea what the filter is looking for - as I said, we are using a commercial service. (I am also not personally involved in the forum operation.)

Those of you who have posted in this thread so far are now all excused from moderation. You need to log out of Intel Developer Zone and log in again for this to be active.

>>>Yes, I can add specific members to a whitelist and will do so for some of our more frequent contributors. (Those who have been awarded "Intel Black Belts" are already exempt.>>>

Thanks for info.

Cita:

Steve Lionel (Intel) escribió:

Those of you who have posted in this thread so far are now all excused from moderation. You need to log out of Intel Developer Zone and log in again for this to be active.

Thanks!

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya