can't install on opensuse 12.1

can't install on opensuse 12.1

Imagen de Matteo M.

Hi,

I've been told to install the intel fortran compiler on opensuse 12.1

When I try to install it, there is an error message saying this is not a supported operating system.

The install won't complete, and thus I am failing to execute my orders!

So, perhaps downloading the intel fortran libraries alone might help?

I have tried looking online for instructions on how to do this... But I'm not getting anything.

Please help:

How can I install the intel fortran compiler on opensuse 12.1?

If I can't, how can I install/download the intel fortran libraries?

Thanks

Matteo Miller-Nicolato

publicaciones de 3 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de Casey

Have you seen http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-intel-compilers-on-opensuse ?  It looks geared to the c/c++ compilers and for an older generation of gcc compatibility, but perhaps it can be adapted to work for you.

FWIW I also run on an unsported OS (gentoo) and while the install does complain about missing pre-requisite software, I have an option to ignore that and proceed.

Imagen de Tim Prince

As Casey said, you must accept the unsupported OS option when installing on OpenSuSE.  I expect it to be relatively easy to install the Intel64 compiler on an x86_64 OS or the ia32 compiler on the 32-bit SuSE, assuming that you have installed the default g++ development system. 

The ia32 compiler on x86_64, if you want it, would require you to have installed the 32-bit g++ as well as the 64-bit one.  That is tough to install even on the "supported" OS.

If you have an appropriate license for ifort, you can download the redistributable shared libraries from https://registrationcenter.intel.com so as to support run-time library references for an application built on another computer.

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.