"unsupported architecture type"

"unsupported architecture type"

Imagen de aras o.

i have the message "unsupported architecture type" when i select  an hardware event-base sampling test type.
i have vtune 2011, w7, intel core i7 2600, visual studio 2008.
I run visual as admin from "All Programs>Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011> visual..

what's wrong ?

publicaciones de 6 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.
Imagen de Tim Prince

If your VTune is more than 2 years old and doesn't have available the sandy bridge corei7-2 architecture selection, you will need to upgrade.  The later updates of 2011, as well as all 2013 versions, would support this architecture.

For corei7-3 "ivy bridge" the latest update of VTune 2013 would be required.

Imagen de MrAnderson (Intel)

Yes, all hardware-based sampling analysis types rely on the event counters within the processor and, thus, you must have a version of the product that supports the processor you are running on.

And, actually, in the newer releases the product will not even let you select an analysis type for any other architecture other than the one the product is running on.  If your architecture is unsupported, you would not be able to select a hardware-based analysis type.

But, bottom line, new processor requires new VTune Amplifier XE release.

Regards, MrAnderson
Imagen de aras o.

ok, i will instale update 10

tnx

Imagen de MrAnderson (Intel)

Do you know which processor you are running on?  The latest release is version 2013 Update 12.  If you have a very recent processor, you may require that release.

Regards, MrAnderson
Imagen de aras o.

i installed the updtae 10 for VTune 2011 and now i can launch all tests.

thanks,

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.