ipo: warning #11021: unresolved MAIN__

I have just installed Composer XE 2013  (composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106) on my system (Kubuntu 13.10) and in attempting to compile my source with the same options as I did in my previous system (Kubuntu 13.04) I get the warning displayed in the subject field. The full output is:

$ ifort -standard-semantics -fpp -w -O3 -ipo -o langevin complex_langevin.f90 ranlux.F -parallel
        Referenced in /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106/compiler/lib/intel64/for_main.o
ipo: remark #11000: performing multi-file optimizations
ipo: remark #11006: generating object file /tmp/ipo_ifort6lgt0L.o
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106/compiler/lib/intel64/for_main.o: In function `main':
/export/users/nbtester/efi2linux_nightly/branch-14_0/20131009_000000/libdev/frtl/src/libfor/for_main.c:(.text+0x42): undefined reference to `MAIN__'

I suspect it is a problem with my installation of Composer. I followed the instructions adjusted for my case in this article http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-intel-compilers-for-linux-with-ubuntu. During installation, I got two warnings, one was "Unsupported OS" which came up because it seems Composer supports up to (K)ubuntu 13.04, and the second for missing the "glibc" package which was unexistent in the regular repositories (with every other prerequisite package being there)

At the end of the "~/.bashrc" file I have added the following lines:

# source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
# source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64
# source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106/bin/iccvars.sh intel64
# source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.080/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
# source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.080/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64
# source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.080/bin/iccvars.sh intel64
# source /opt/intel/compilervars.sh intel64
  source /opt/intel/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64
  source /opt/intel/bin/iccvars.sh intel64

First note is about having in comments various other compiler vars located in my installation. The ones located in "/opt/intel/bin" appear to be the global right ones. Now the most importan part is that I have installed both builds composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.080 and composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106. I suspect my problem arises because there is a conflict between the two. Compiler vars in /opt/intel/bin" refer to composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106 (naturally, since it was installed later), so I would not understand where 0.080 could conflict, since it is not used, nor stated in the "~/.bashrc" (I have also tried sourcing the compiler vars in "/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106/bin", with no luck).

Summarizing

• If the problem is indeed a conflict between installations of Composer, is uninstalling the undesired revision (via the relevant "uninstall.sh") sufficient to resolve the conflict?
  • Could it eventually be indeed a problem of Kubuntu 13.10 not supported by Composer or the missing of glibc package?

If none of the above is the case, what is the problem. I suspect it is something very easy to point out because it is MAIN__ that is unresolved, which pretty much stands out big time. I have not found anything related searching, so I appreciate any responce.

Thanks in advance!
Trent 

publicaciones de 2 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

Oh dear, the source lacked a main (program) due to incompleted save work. My bad, this issue is non-existent. If this thread is trhough, it can be deleted, if not, it may never pass through to the forums. Thanks!

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya