Capture Viewer IR Conformance Map and glasses

Capture Viewer IR Conformance Map and glasses

Hello,

I just got my Senz3D, and fired up the Capture Viewer from the SDK.  When streaming vertices and displaying IR (Conformance Map), the image intensity varies alot (flashes) depending on my head position.  I wear glasses, so as an experiment took them off, and the image is a lot more consistent in intensity.

Is the Conformance Map the per-pixel confidence of the depth values?  Does the varying intensity imply that the camera will have problems getting valid depth values for individuals with glasses?  I've had a lot of experience with structured light depth sensors, but this is my first experience with time-of-flight, so it'd be good to know what environmental things could impact the camera's performance.

Thanks,

Rob

publicaciones de 6 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

It is per-pixel confidence of the depth values. I also wear glasses and have no issue. Could you provide me the video link, PerC SDK version, your testing environment? Thanks! 

Hi David,

Here's the Google Drive link to the video (.mp4).  Let me know if you have trouble viewing it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzlFN-46mbTCOUI4OGtpdzJwUTA/edit?usp=sh...

With my glasses on, I can orient my head so that the Conformance Map turns very dark.  After I take off my glasses in the video, the image is more stable.  Putting my glasses back on causes issues again.  Also, if I tilt my shiny bald head towards the camera, the image goes dark as well.

The PerC SDK is Version 12492, according to the release notes document (Intel® Perceptual Computing SDK 2013 GOLD).  It's installed on an Intel Core i7 960 3.2GHz box running Windows 7 64 bit with 8 GB of RAM.  I've tried plugging the sensor into my computer's front USB ports and an external USB hub, both with the same result.  There's a window to the left of me, but the shades are closed so little light is getting in.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob, It is quite strange. We will investigate and keep you post. Thanks!

Rob, it's a problem with a visualization of the Conformance Map in the CaptureViewer. The visualizer finds min/max values in the Conformance Map on an each frame. Reflection from your glasses are not filtered.Thanks for reporting this issue. It is a bug and we will fix it in the future release

Thanks Yuri & David.  I'll keep an eye out for the update.

Rob

Deje un comentario

Por favor inicie sesión para agregar un comentario. ¿No es socio? Únase ya