Building on Mac OS X 10.9

Building on Mac OS X 10.9

I'm trying to build the openmprtl on Mac OS X 10.9, to be used with OpenMP/Clang project. Is this supposed to be possible? A new thing with 10.9 is that gcc is just a macro for clang, which maybe is confusing the build scripts.

I try to build with:

make compiler=clang

And I get a build error in check-tools.pl "Cannot parse GNU compiler version" as it has run gcc and get clang output (as gcc is just a macro for clang on 10.9). I was thinking that when you compile with "compiler=clang" the check-tools.pl would not look for gcc at all.

publicaciones de 4 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

I edited the script and removed the gcc check and then I could compile. I noted that there's no "make install" target, not sure if this is supposed to be it, so I just copied the files manually to /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib and got it to work. It would be nice with a bit smoother makefiles though :-)

Thanks Anders for the info... I run into the same problems. I want to leave a trace of my struggle for others. I was trying to compile with clang

Apple LLVM version 5.1 (clang-503.0.38) (based on LLVM 3.4svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13.1.0
Thread model: posix

As you (the documentation doesn't really mention it) mentioned, I was building with:

make compiler=clang

To get it working these are the changes (sorry, lost track of the files that contain them): Disable this error

# $(error Development tools not found: $(missed_tools))
$(warning Development tools not found: $(missed_tools))

And this option that clang doesn't know how to interpret

# ld-flags += -no-intel-extensions

And as you mention, there is no make install, but I see an "exports" folder. I was attempting to compile for OSX 10.9.2 64bits, so I assume "mac_32e" is what I need. There are files only in the "include_compat" and in the "lib.thin" folders though. I'll try and see if those are sufficient.

A bit disappointed that the INTEL folks don't provide a clean build system to be honest...

Imagen de Vladimir Polin (Intel)

hello andrea t.,

Current build supports icc (and old command-line tools) and built library works on newer systems. clang build support is on the way.

Re "a clean build system": I assume that "Cannot parse GNU compiler version" message is pretty clear and in case you removed this check manually it would be obvious that after that you might get another errors like in debugger when you run your program after access violation exception.

--Vladimir

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.