New own hand pose / gesture recognition C++

New own hand pose / gesture recognition C++

Hi everyone,

I´m working with the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK and I my question is about the hand pose and gesture recognition (new ones, not the predefined ones). I know there are some related topics in this forum and I have read the manual, but I still haven´t understood clearly how to do it properly. Do I have to use the GeoNodes to track the fingers and use those data or is there a better way?

For example, if I would like my application to recognize a pose that is my hand with three finger extended, do I have to work with the data of the GeoNodes and compare distances or can I register new poses for using them as the predefined ones (lBIG_5, THUMB_UP...)?

Is there any tutorial about this? or do you know the proper steps I should follow for doing that?

PD: I´m using C++

Thanks for your help!

publicaciones de 3 / 0 nuevos
Último envío
Para obtener más información sobre las optimizaciones del compilador, consulte el aviso sobre la optimización.

You need have your own algorithm to detect your own gesture. 

Ok, and in that case, do you know some tips for a correct pose detection? Is there any explanation about how the sdk detects the predefined poses so that I can apply those steps in my own algorithm? I don´t know if the sdk looks for the distances between finger nodes, or the angles or if there is another solution.

Thanks for your help!

Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.