Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library (Intel® DAAL)Cerrar
Boost machine learning and data analytics performance with this easy-to-use library
- Helps applications deliver better predictions faster
- Analyzes larger data sets with the same compute resources
- Optimizes data ingestion and algorithmic compute together for the highest performance
- Supports offline, streaming, and distributed usage models to meet a range of application needs
- Take advantage of Priority Support―connect privately with Intel engineers for technical questions
Big data is changing the world of computing by extracting value from the increasing volume, variety, and velocity of data generated in many different industries and domains. Genomics, risk, social network and consumer preference analysis are just a few examples where high-performance analysis of large data sets is critical in today's compute landscape.
For most of these tasks, computational speed is a key ingredient for success. The Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library (Intel® DAAL) helps software developers reduce the time it takes to develop high-performance applications. Intel DAAL enables applications to make better predictions faster and analyze larger data sets with available compute resources. The library also takes advantage of next-generation processors even before they're available. Just link to the newest version and your code is ready for when those new chips hit the market.
Intel DAAL is available as part of Intel® Parallel Studio XE. It also has free stand-alone and open-source versions. License purchase includes Priority Support.
Intel DAAL is available as part of the Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® System Studio tool suites. It also has free stand-alone and open-source versions (available via YUM, APT-GET, and Conda* repositories). License purchase includes Priority Support.
Intel DAAL addresses all stages of the data analytics pipeline: pre-processing, transformation, analysis, modeling, validation, and decision-making.
Intel DAAL is developed by the same team as the Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL)—the leading math library in the world. This team works closely with Intel® processor architects to squeeze performance from Intel processor-based systems.
What’s New in the 2018 Edition
- Improved algorithms including decision trees, decision forests, and kNN
- New API wrappers that provide easy substitution of Spark MLlib* functions by using much faster Intel DAAL equivalents
- Optimizations for newer Intel® processors, including Intel Xeon Phi™ processors 7xxx and Intel Xeon® processors E5-xxxx v4
- Simplified software license that includes broader distribution rights and fewer restrictions
- New distribution methods that include YUM, APT-GET, and Conda* repositories
- API improvements for consistency and ease of use
Benefits of Priority Support
Paid licenses of Intel® Software Development Tools include Priority Support for one year from your date of purchase, with options to extend support at a reduced rate. Benefits include:
- Direct and private interaction with Intel engineers. Submit confidential inquiries and code samples via the online service center.
- Responsive help with your technical questions and other product needs.
- Free access to all new product updates and access to older versions.
- Learn from other experts via community product forums.
- Access to a vast library of self-help documents that build off decades of experience for creating high-performance code.
Specs at a Glance
|Processors||Intel Atom®, Intel Core™, Intel Xeon®, and Intel Xeon Phi™ processors and compatible processors|
|Languages||Python*, C++, Java*|
|Development Tools and Environments||
Microsoft Visual Studio* (Windows*)
Eclipse* and CDT* (Linux*)
|Operating Systems||Use the same API for application development on multiple operating systems: Windows*, Linux*, and macOS*|
For complete information, see the release notes and documentation.