Intel® Math Kernel Library implements the BLAS and Sparse BLAS routines, and BLAS-like extensions. The routine descriptions are arranged in several sections:
- BLAS Level 1 Routines (vector-vector operations)
- BLAS Level 2 Routines (matrix-vector operations)
- BLAS Level 3 Routines (matrix-matrix operations)
- Sparse BLAS Level 1 Routines (vector-vector operations).
- Sparse BLAS Level 2 and Level 3 Routines (matrix-vector and matrix-matrix operations)
- BLAS-like Extensions
Each section presents the routine and function group descriptions are in alphabetical order by routine or function group name; for example, the ?asum group, the ?axpy group. The question mark in the group name corresponds to different character codes indicating the data type (s, d, c, and z or their combination); see Routine Naming Conventions.
When BLAS or Sparse BLAS routines encounter an error, they call the error reporting routine xerbla.
In BLAS Level 1 groups i?amaxand i?amin, an "i" is placed before the data-type indicator and corresponds to the index of an element in the vector. These groups are placed in the end of the BLAS Level 1 section.