Microsoft Windows* (XP, Vista, 7)

Compiler interface checking with derived-type arguments

My program calls an external subroutine with a single argument of type derived. There is no explicit interface. The declaration of the actual argument in the program is identical to the declaration of the dummy argument in the subroutine. Nevertheless, the compiler gives an error "The type of the actual argument does not match the type of the dummy argument" when /warn:interfaces is in effect (as it is by default). Why? Is this expected? It does not happen when the argument is a simple variable.

ICE

I stopped getting e-mail with these posts on Dec 2, so haven't kept track

of what is going on. But here is an ICE--maybe submitted previously.

 

 

 

ifort -c int*

Intel(R) Visual Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 15.

0.1.148 Build 20141023

Copyright (C) 1985-2014 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

 

intel_bug.f90(32): error #5276: Unbalanced parentheses

   x = line_type(0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0))

------------------------------------^

Puzzling DEBUG occurrence

This routine was (until I fixed it) was generating a breakpoint when it read a line from LGU 3.

It did tell me where the breakpoint was in the output file, but the debug arrow pointed to somewhere else in the program

that didn't even any I/O statements. In fact it pointed to the END of a routine that had nothing to do with this one at all.

 

also when it generates the breakpoint, it will not identify any symbols within this routine when I put the cursor on them.

How to prevent this?

It looks like the VS is tying up the EXE longer than it need to - - 

 

 

Error    1     general error c101008d: Failed to write the updated manifest to the resource of file "d:\william data\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\ransk\Debug\ransk.exe". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.    mt.exe  

 

 

Allocatable arrays in modules

In my code, there is a data container module that includes allocatable arrays. 

The main subroutine, calls a subroutine to initialize the arrays. Both main subroutine and initialize subroutines, use the data_container module. 

The problem is that after the arrays are initialized, the main subruotine, does not see the initialization of the array:

Suscribirse a Microsoft Windows* (XP, Vista, 7)