Intel® Premier Support FAQ
- What is Intel® Premier Support?
- Intel® Premier Support is an interactive website where Intel® Software Development Product customers can submit questions, problems, and other technical support issues, as well as monitor previously submitted issues.
- Where is Intel® Premier Support?
- Visit Intel® Premier Support
- Who is eligible for Intel® Premier Support?
Every purchase of an Intel® Software Development Product includes a year of support services, which provides access to Intel Premier Support.
If you currently access support services, you can download any version of the software from the Intel® Registration Center, and you can submit questions and problems with your product through the Intel Premier Support website.
Once your support services have expired, downloads are only available to you for product versions with a Build Date on or before your license's Support Expiration date. Intel's policy is to restrict your account from submitting new questions to Intel Premier Support, but you will still be able to view and communicate in your previous Intel Premier Support issues. As soon as the expired product license has been renewed, access will be restored for downloads of all product versions and for submitting new issues to Intel Premier Support for entitled products. You can submit issues to the user forums regardless of whether your support services have expired.
- A login is required. If I don't have a login, how do I obtain one?
If you have registered your Intel Software Development Product, your registration login should apply to Intel Premier Support as well.
If you have not registered your product, go to the Intel Registration Center and register (product serial number required).
If you have registered, but you did not select the free technical support, return to the Intel Registration Center, log in, re-register the same serial number and email address in the Register a Product box, and choose the Support Account link on the Serial Number Information page.
If you still have problems signing up for support, contact us.
- How do I get product updates?
Product updates are now available from the Intel Registration Center.
- Log in to the Intel Registration Center by entering your login ID and password in the Sign In section on the right side of the web page.
- Click the link under Download Latest Update for the product of interest.
- A detailed description of the files included in the product will be displayed. Click the hyperlink for each file you wish to download.
If your current license has not expired, you do not need a different license file. Your license will be detected by the install and will work with releases created during your support service period.
For support service license purchase/renewal information, please go to the Purchasing Information site.
- How do I submit an issue to Intel® Premier Support?
To submit an issue, you must log in to Intel Premier Support. If you do not have a Premier Support account, please refer to Software Development Tools Top Getting Started Issues.
Once you have logged in, the left channel will always have links to the various features of the tool. Follow these steps to submit an issue:
- Click the Submit Issue button on the right.
- In the "Select a Product" field, search for the product name, or click "Browse Products" to browse a list of all products for which you have support.
- Click Next.
- Fill in necessary fields describing the issue and attach any supporting files if needed.
- Click Next.
- You will be taken to a review screen. Review all of the submitted information, and if it is correct, click Submit to submit the issue. Otherwise, click Back to correct information.
- Once the issue is submitted, it will be assigned an issue number you can use for tracking, and it will be listed under your issues.
- When does my product support expire?
Support expiration is based on your license terms. Customers receive product updates and technical support for the duration of their support period. Typically the support period is one year from the product registration date.Once the support expires, product updates and technical support will no longer be available.
To check the support expiration date of your registered products follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Intel Registration Center by entering your Login ID and Password in the Registered Users Login section of the web page. You will see a list of all registered products.
- For each registered product, you will see the product name, component names, link to latest version available for download and posted date of the version available for download. [NOTE: Expired registrations are shown only if you check the "Show Expired Registrations" check box at the top of the page.]
- Clicking on any of the product name links will display the product subscription history, showing the serial number and support status with license expiration date. The license expiration date is the support expiration date. Links to manage the license information and to renew your subscriptions are also shown.
- How do I extend my support service?
- Visit this article: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-do-i-extend-my-support-service
- How do I retrieve my login ID or reset my password?
- Already have an account? Forgotten your login ID or password? Here are some useful links.
- What are the Intel password guidelines?
- The following password rules are for both the Registration Center and for Premier Support.
- The password must be at least eight characters long, and can contain letters, numbers, and punctuation.
- It must not exceed fourteen (14) characters.
- It must contain at least one alpha character [a-z; A-Z], one numeric [0-9] and one special character [`! @$%^&*()-_=+;:'",<.>/?].
- It cannot contain spaces.
- The password cannot be the same as any of your previous eight (8) passwords.
- It cannot contain your login id.
- It may not contain any of the following special characters: Asterisk (*) Comma (,) Backslash ( /) Forward Slash (\).
- Be a name (your own, family members, pets, or famous people).
- Be your social security number, driver's license number, passport number, or some other identification number.
- Have repeating numbers, letters, or characters (111111, aaaaaa, !!!!!!).
- Be a number or character combination that is next to each other on the keyboard (123456, asdfgh).
- Be a dictionary word of any language.
- Begin with an exclamation point (!) or question mark (?).
- Have the same first three characters.
- How do I obtain support for evaluation?
A 30-day evaluation version of an Intel Software Development Product is available for free download.
You can get free support during the evaluation period by creating an Intel® Premier Support account after requesting the evaluation license. For more information, please visit Intel® Software Evaluation Center.
If you do not have the serial number:
- Go to the Intel® Evaluation Software Center and click on any product.
- Enter your email address in the Email box on the next screen.
- At the bottom of the next page, click on the support account link.
- Provide your Name, Company Name, and Country information.
- Notice that your login ID defaults to your email address, but it can be changed.
- Enter a password in the "Password" box.
- Enter the password again in the "Re-enter password" box.
- Select a challenge question from the "Challenge Question" drop down list and provide a challenge answer in the "Challenge Answer" box. The challenge answer must be between 10 and 32 characters long.
- Click the Submit button.
A support account will be created for you. This account also works on the Intel® Developer Zone Forum.
Note: Beta product customers get support accounts by default when registering their products.
- How do other developers get a support account under a floating license?
A floating license allows more than one developer to use the product at one time and also allows more than one developer to register for Intel Premier Support.
One restriction does apply: all developers who want to register for Intel Premier Support need to have an email address with the same domain name.
To register, go to Intel Registration Center - https://registrationcenter.intel.com/regcenter/register.aspx
After registration, you can file any question or bug report at Intel Premier Support.