Starting Problems

Starting Problems

Hello!
I am just about to finish my studies in computerscience in Germany (pardon my English). I am very interested in participating at this contest, because I already learned quite a bit about parallel programming there. This contest affords the opportunity of apllying my theoretical skills ;-)
Unfortunately I have problems using the compiler. I would like to program with Eclipse. When I tested a minimal example with openmp I got the following errormessage:

"error while loading shared libraries: libiomp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

At first I installed Linux "Ubuntu 11.10", so I could use the provided software "Intel C++ Studio XE 2011 for Linux". I followed the instructions from the chapter "Eclipse Integration" in the Documentation. After i set my LANG and LC_ALL vars to "C" I could use compilervars and iccvars skripts to set my environment variables. Everything seems to be working but when i try to use openmp i get the error.

When i look at the project properties i can see the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to:

/opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.9.293/compiler/lib/intel64:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/amd64/server:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/../lib/amd64

I looked in the first shown folder and found the "libomp5.so" file. I tried to find a solution in the web, but i somehow can't get it to work. I would be really happy if anyone could help me.

5 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

I run into this yesterday myself.
Your LD_LIBRARY_PATH is correctly set for your build enviroment, but not the run enviroment
Go to Run->Run Configurations ...
Then select the Enviroment tab and copy your LD_LIBRARY_PATH there.

Hope that helps.
Nick

You can as well just copy libiomp5.so to /usr/lib/ as root. This way you don't have to worry about enviroment variables.

There is also a script in /opt/intel/composer_xe/bin, I think it's called compilevars.sh. If you run "source compilevars.sh ia64" it will add the variables to your path (use ia32 if you are on a 32 bit system). If you choose this way, you don't have to worry about setting it up in Eclipse.

Thank you very much, nickraptis. It is working now

Quoting pattbert

There is also a script in /opt/intel/composer_xe/bin, I think it's called compilevars.sh. If you run "source compilevars.sh ia64" it will add the variables to your path (use ia32 if you are on a 32 bit system). If you choose this way, you don't have to worry about setting it up in Eclipse.

If I'm not mistaken (and I most certainly am), source exports those variables into the current console enviroment, so it wouldn't be of any use with Eclipse (????)

Or is it the otherway around and source exports into a global enviroment and as long as you start eclipse later you're set?

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui