Installation problem

Installation problem

Portrait de Jay Dowling

I have the following configuration:

XP with VS 2005

I had update 2 of Composer Beta and Cryto library installed

I then installed Parallel Studio Beta.

Initially it recognized that it was trying to install update 1 on a system that had update 2. Instead of selecting full install, I selected Custom so I could verify what it was doing but didn't disable or change any settings. It spent a while doing the install and there was a message about uninstalling so I wasn't sure what it was doing. When it finished the install there was no copy of Composer on the system in as far as the start menu link to documentation was a dead link and in the tools menu and in the tool bar Composer was missing.

I then reinstalled Composer Beta update 2 which said there was a previous version installed and I again did a Custom install to verify everything and didn't change anything.

Then within VS I selected help - intel parallel studio 2011 - parallel studio help - composer help and it would only start intel c__ compiler 12.0 user and reference guides

I then had to resinstall Crypto update 2.

I also posted this in the Composer beta forum.

11 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de Kittur Ganesh (Intel)

Jay, apparently the workaround suggested did work on our systems. Well, I've passed your feedback once again to our installation folks and will update you again. I am wondering if the deletion has got to do with anything?

Can you just do this:
Now that you installed Parallel Studio, Can you just re-install Composer and Crypto?
I'll also ping and chat with you, thanks.
-regards,
Kittur

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your time on the chat I had with you today. As discussed with you, since you clean up your %temp% directory and can't provide the install log files for now, I'll try to reproduce the problem following what you have done (custom install) and see if I can reproduce the issue. Once I do, I'll provide the install log files to the install team for furthe investigation. There could be a possibility that it could be a bug in custom install, and if so I'll file the issue.

Again, appreciate your help on this and for taking time to chat on this and other discussion we had...

-regards,

Kittur

Hi Jay,

It was nice talking to you again and appreciate your time. As mentioned, since we couldn't repoduce the issue, I'll await the log files from you which might give a clue on what's going on. In the meantime, I am also trying on other systems too...

BTW, I've passed on the feedback on IPP you gave also to our IPP folks, just FYI. Again, appreciate your help/time on the beta.

-regards,

Kittur

Portrait de Jay Dowling

I was able to reproduce the requirement of Composer missing after the Parallel Studio install, however this time I didn't have to reinstall the crypo library. I think it was because I didn't delete the C:\Program Files\Intel\Download directory and its contents between steps. I've sent the log files to Kittur.
Jay

Hi Jay,
Again, thanks for the long meeting we had last week. I'd responded to the same post in the composer beta forum but recording here also thatI've escalated and passed it on to our developers for further investigation, appreciate much. I also did note the extra steps you had to do. I'll update you more as soon as I"ve any further update, thanks

-regards,

Kittur

Portrait de feanorgem

I'm busy until some time Wed. so after that I can try some more features and write down some of the things I've noticed and told you about already.
Jay

Thanks Jay, that will be really useful feedback I can pass on to the group - appreciate much.

-regards,
Kittur

Hi Jay,
Our installation folks identified the problem with installation you had (the install log files you attached really helped - thanks) and are working on putting in a fix.

WORK_AROUND:
Until this issue is fixed as a workaround you can 1) reinstall Composer beta update and Crypto or 2) uninstall Crypto before installation of Parallel Studio and then reinstall Crypto again.

Note also that - if there is no Crypto on the system Parallel Studio installs without problems.
==========================================================

Can you please try out the above work-arounds and let me know if it's resolved? Appreciate much, for your help and feedback, as always.

-regards,
Kittur

Portrait de Jay Dowling

Method 1 is what I was doing previously.

Method 2 does not work.

I completely removed all Intel tools. Then did custom composer install without changing any parameters (just looking at the defaults). I then did the same with the Crypto library. Then I uninstalled the Crypto library by selecting the Remove option after running its setup program in the intel\download directory. Then I deleted the intel\download directory and ran the intel studio custom install without changing any parameters. When it was done Composer was not available with Visual Studio. The Composer directory was still there and it wasn't completely empty but it and its subdirs only had 29 MB in total.

My only solution now would be to reinstall Composer and Crypto. What would you like me to do now?

Jay

Jay, it was a pleasure chatting with you on this and other feature requests you had in mind. I'll await the list of feature requests and the log files that you mentioned you'll send me - appreciate much.

-regards,
Kittur

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.