Slow compilation

Slow compilation

Fortran Compiler for Linux 7.1

When I try to compile one of my codes, with only -O3 or -xW option, it can be done within 20 seconds. But when I use both options simultaneously, it could take more than 15 minutes. Any idea with this?

2 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

With the combination of options, you must be engaging an opportunity for some complicated analysis. I tend to avoid -O3 unless I have a reason for using it. If -xW is able to vectorize all the loops which are important for performance, you may not need -O3. If not, you may look for reasons why in-lining or interprocedural analysis might be needed, and whether you could make the optimization possible at -O2.

If you compile in 20 seconds with the other combinations, it seems the program is not too large to attempt this combination. It might be a useful submission as a premier.intel.com support issue.

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui