OMP: Error #133: Inconsistent THREADPRIVATE common block declarations

OMP: Error #133: Inconsistent THREADPRIVATE common block declarations

I am getting the above fatal error at runtime for code which doesn't involve any common block variables. Instead, the threadprivate variables are in a module, and they are of type double precision and integer. Some are allocatable arrays and some are scalars. This same code runs fine through many tests under Linux, but not at all on a Mac, which is running Darwin 10.8.0. I'm compiling this code with ifort 11.1.091 but linking it with g++ 4.2.1. The executable is mostly fortran but there are a few C utility functions which don't use OpenMP.

The same problem was reported in 2005 (thread id 43518) but not resolved. I also found it mentioned here: http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/1539/l_cprof_... where it has ID 200110059, but it isn't clear to me from that document whether the issue was fixed or not.

I have not been able to reproduce the problem with a small test program.

I wonder if the problem is related to the fact that on a Mac one cannot compile with the -openmp-threadprivate=compat option.

Can you please confirm whether this is an outstanding issue with the compiler or not?

thanks,
Dale

1 contribution / 0 nouveau(x)
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.