Programming Window with Intel Fortran 7.0

Programming Window with Intel Fortran 7.0

Hello,

Is codes presented in Dr. Norman Lawrence's book "Compaq Visual Fortran" compatible with Intel Fortran 7.0?

Regards,
Long

6 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Many of them will be, some won't. I don't know of anyone who has gone through all to see. I think that those involving dialogs will require some extra effort, because there's no automatic generation of Fortran INCLUDEs from the VS.NET resource compiler.

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thanks, Steve!
I am new to Intel Fortran and unfamiliar with CVF. I've background in window C/C++ programming; I need some reference on using Fortran syntax in programming window. I am considering in purchasing IF 7 for use with Window development in near future. What do you mean "there's no automatic generation of Fortran INCLUDEs from the VS.NET resource compiler"?

Regards,
Long

The usual way of setting up a dialog box (what fields are there, where they are, etc.) is by using the "resource editor" in the IDE. With CVF, when you have "resources" in your project and do a build, a Fortran INCLUDE file defining the control IDs is automatically generated, so all you have to do is INCLUDE it. Not so, at present, with Intel Fortran. You'll have to read the C-syntax .h file and translate it "by hand" to Fortran.

This isn't that big a deal for most applications, as they typically use only a handful of dialog controls.

One big difference right now, though, is that Intel Fortran does not have anything like CVF's DFLOGM module for "Fortran-friendly" dialog box manipulation. You'll have to do all the message handling yourself. Not really difficult, but probably challenging for someone who hasn't seen it before.

If you run into problems, feel free to post here, and folks will try to help you out.

Steve

Thanks again!

BTW, I've ordered the IF 7 CD. Do I need to un-install the evaluation copy first?

Regards,
Long

No, you shouldn't need to uninstall.

Steve

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui