Image Cropping

Image Cropping

I would like to crop an image using IPP. My image format is 32bpp ARGB and I would like to crop the transparent pixels from the borders of the image.Is this something that IPP could do? If so, could you point me to the functions I would call. I have looked through the documentation, but I wasn't able to find find any functions that looked like they would do what I needed.

Thanks,
James

5 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Hi there

For me ,i 've never tried to crop an image using IPP.Because it's a little bit difficult for me.I am not so familiar with IPP.However,i usually crop the image or do other image processing issues using another .NET image SDK.It can easily crop a rectangular section from source image object and save cropped image as a new file.You can have a try.

Be happy (*^__^*)

Hi James,

allmost all IPP image processing functions work with ROI - so all what you need - just to define ROI that you would like to extract from your image and use ippiCopy function:

- define the top-left border between transparent and non-transparent pixels

- define the bottom-right border

set pSrc pointer to the top-left, define ROI size as {left-right,top-bottom} and srcStep as you initial image step/pitch; use this new ROI for further processing or use ippiCopy function to copy this ROI to a new one (the new one you can create with ippiMalloc function).

regards, Igor

Hi Igor,

I just tried cropping an image (an example as shown below) as per your above information. But I am not getting the expected output. Do you know what happens here?

IppiSize roiSize = {2,2};
        IppiPoint srcOffset = {1,1};
        int stride = pSrc.GetWidth(); //Gives me value 3
        int dstStride = pDst.GetWidth(); // Gives me value 2
        ippiCopy_32f_C1R(pSrc + srcOffset.x + srcOffset.y* stride, stride, pDst, dstStride, roiSize);

Source - pSrc

const float inputImage [1][9] = {{0.0, 0.0, 0.0,
                                              0.0, 1.0, 2.0,
                                              0.0, 3.0, 4.0}};

Expected output - pDst

const float expectedOutput [1][4]= {{1.0, 2.0,
                                                     3.0, 4.0}};

I am getting junk values here

Expected array data:
1 2 3 4

Tested array data:
8.96831e-44 2 9.37762e-39 0

Hi Jithin,

In IPP all strides are in bytes (by definition) - so you should multiply your strides above by sizeof(float).

regards, Igor

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui