DVI to HDMI no signal after XP startup screen

DVI to HDMI no signal after XP startup screen

Portrait de newtype0123

This topic has been around different places for a while, and I wonder if there is a solution yet (with new updated drivers, etc.). Here is the problem: I use a DVI-to-HDMI adaptor on my DELL desktop to connect to my AV receiver then to the LCD TV as screen. After the XP boot screen, as soon as it gets to the Welcome screen, there's on signal. Here are the details.

Troubleshooting:
1)Safe Mode worked. I can use my computer in safe mode. So video output from the card is OK. I guess the cable and DVI-to-HDMI adaptor is also OK.

2) Plugging in the DVI-to-HDMI adaptor, then the HDMI cable, then to the TV, and it works. It will dectect everything correctly. Now, plugging in the DVI-to-HDMI adaptor, then the HDMI cable to the AV receiver (with HDMI passthrough), then HDMI cable to the TV, and it would not signal after the XP boot screen.

3) The TV does have a VGA input. At any given time (after boot or whatever), plugging in a DVI-to-VGA adaptor to the computer, then VGA cable to the TV, and I will always geta signal. May be lower screen size or resolution, but there is always a signal.

4) I updated to the latest Intel video driver, and tried the Hot Keys to enable monitor, enable projector, etc. Nothing will enable the signal (remember this computer to AV receiver to TV configuration). The ctrl+alt+F4 or other hot keys, they just don't do anything.

Any suggestions? I know all the energy saving features and auto detect function in Windows or hardware driver that may have turned off the HDMI signal. I also know the problem seems to be that the AV receiver doesn't truely allow HDMI signal to passthrough (so it isn't a true repeater), etc. Is there a hot key or function in the driver that let me enable the different output on the DVI port, so I will get the signal back on?

Thanks.

1 contribution / 0 nouveau(x)
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.