PBS queuing issues

PBS queuing issues

I am trying the simple hello_world example using a script like this (calledMTL_hello.sh):#!/bin/sh#PBS N myjob#PBS -j oeexport OMP_NUM_THREADS=16./hello_worldThen I submit and get no indication that the job ran, like this:[mcls-s15@acano01 ~]$ gcc -fopenmp -o hello_world hello_omp.c[mcls-s15@acano01 ~]$ qsub -l select=1:ncpus=16 /home/mcls/mcls-s15/MTL_hello.sh[mcls-s15@acano01 ~]$ qstat -aNothing is displayed at all from the qstat command and no output is written. Can you tell me whether there is something amiss with submitting jons?My student reports that this simple script also wasn't working:#!/bin/sh

#PBS -N testjob
#PBS-o out
#PBS -e err
#PBS -l select=1:ncpus=1:host=acano02

/bin/hostname

3 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Have you tried using fully qualified pathnames in your script? I get jumpy when I see

PBS

instead of

/home/useraccount/bin/PBS # for example

Pleasegive that a try and report back if that works, or if the problem stays the same, or changes.

Cheers

jdg

Tried running both scripts as is, the student script works fine.

The first script just goes nowhere. I suspect it has to do with the: #PBS N myjob. The '' appears to not be a valid '-'.

Note: If the script is accepted by PBS then you should get a job #.

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui