32-bit processes with PTU don't work?

32-bit processes with PTU don't work?

It appears that PTU has only minimal support for profiling 32-bit processes on 64-bit Windows. Since most Windows developers run 64-bit Windows this effectively means that PTU does not support 32-bit processes. That's a problem since most processes are 32-bit processes -- all of our products are. The symptom is that when you use one of the other profiling types the samples that hit in 32-bit moduldes all show up as Module: .

My experience is that Basic Statistical Callgraph works for 32-bit processes on 64-bit Windows, but none of the other sampling types do. But, I haven't found this documented so I'd appreciate clarification of this.

I'm particularly interested in knowing when PTU will have full support for 32-bit processes. Until then I will not be able to use it. If there is a work-around to make this work then I would be very interested in hearing about it.

I moved this from the VTune Amplifier XE and VTune... forum -- I hadn't previously found the PTU forums.

5 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Somehow my old answer did not appear here.
PTU should work well with any mix of 32-bit and 64-bit binaries.
Probably you faced one of strange bugs.

If you are interested in a well supported profiler you would better useIntel VTune Amplifier XE in your development process.

It should work fine but you should check your motherboard bios , and if you are using a compatible OS some WindowsOS are restricted because of it version like basic or starter,

It should work fine but you should check your motherboard bios , and if you are using a compatible OS some WindowsOS are restricted because of it version like basic or starter,

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui