Scoring consideration

Scoring consideration

The Maze of Life problem (P1: A1) had bonus points for optimal path outputs. How will the Consecutive Primes problem be scored?

- Rick

14 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

I made a completely nave, single-threaded solution, and for the test example, it only took 3 ms to compute! I'm also curious now! :)

on my local system it was taking around 10 ms with or without multiple threads, I also wish to know the parameters to compute points in this case

Hello Rick, Thanks for your question.

The output to Consecutive Primes is unique so there is no room for bonus points for something optimal.
Let me know if there is something I am missing about your question.

- Paul

Okay. So it's 100 points for the fastest total execution time of the program, winner-take-all?

- Rick

What if, for a given input there are n possible sum of consecutive prive have perfect power & one's output has n-1 possibel cases.
will that be considered wrong?

Quoting hitesh.sharmaWhat if, for a given input there are n possible sum of consecutive prive have perfect power & one's output has n-1 possibel cases.
will that be considered wrong?

Hi,
Can you clarify your question with an example? I didn't quite understand your question posted.

Thanks
-Rama

If I under stand hitech correctly.
If our output is incomplete (i.e. one line missing out of 100) what will be the penulty?

yeap duncan got it right.
if the right answer expect 100 lines(i.e. possible sum of consecutive prime that can be represented as n ** m)
But the program produce 99 out of 100 expected.
what is the penalty?

Yes, there would be points both for correct output and for timing. However, if you have an incorrect output, we will not be able to award any points for the timing reported as that would not be valid.

Thanks
-Rama

It sounds like you're saying there will be some points (perhaps 5 per test case) for any program with correct output and more points (like 80) awarded to the one program that's both correct and the fastest overall.

Can you confirm that this problem is worth 100 points?

- Rick

Hi,
Yes, we have points awarded for correctness and performance. If the program gets correct output, then it will be eligible for performance check as well. You can assume that per test-case we would award points.

Thanks
-Rama

Never mind about bonus points, Rama. They were generally unpopular on Maze of Life and have no place in scoring Consecutive Primes.

Your original statement was right on the mark. For a given dataset, a program should receive zero points for incorrect output. Otherwise it should receive points based solely on its relative speed.

At the time I suggested bonus points, I didn't understand that the scoring would be per dataset. I thought the cumulative running time over all datasets would be totaled and scored. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

- Rick

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui