Geing Memory Address of a file on Hard Disk

Geing Memory Address of a file on Hard Disk

Portrait de mahesh-valu

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Files on a hard disk is stored at perticular locaion in memory.............

I want to know how i can know the address of a file , where it stored on hard disk

8 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de Dmitry Vyukov
Quoting Mahesh Valu Files on a hard disk is stored at perticular locaion in memory.............

Files on a hard disk are NOT stored in memory. Files on a hard disk are stored on a hard disk.

All about lock-free algorithms, multicore, scalability, parallel computing and related topics: http://www.1024cores.net
Portrait de mahesh-valu

i know that file are stored in one or more than one clusters and information about the clusters and files are stored in File Allocation Table.

I want to know how i can access that File Allocation Table...

please replay fast...............

i need this.............

thanks...............

Portrait de mecej4

You wrote "i know that file are stored in one or more than one clusters and
information about the clusters and files are stored in File Allocation
Table".

That is true of a hard disk with a FAT file system, but not for NTFS, ZFS, EXT-2, Reiser, etc.

Search on the Web for FAT file system documentation. On an MSDOS 2.11 floppy, for example, two copies of the FAT were kept in dedicated sectors.

Portrait de BradleyKuszmaul

Perhaps you want to use mmap() to map a file into main memory. -Bradley

Portrait de mahesh-valu

thanks for replay

you have wrote mmap()

but i have no idea about mmap()

please tell me somwthing about mmap()

is this a programming language function? if yes then from which language it belongs and how to use it..

waiting for your replay

thanks again

Portrait de BradleyKuszmaul

You can read about mmap() by googling it. It's a unix function, and if you use windows, you'll have to find the corresponding function that performs memory mapping.

Portrait de mahesh-valu

thanks

i am finding my solution slowly using mmap() and i will reach the solution very soon

thanks again

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.