problems with test examples

problems with test examples

I have installed SPIKE on a system with Intel Xeon with 4 processors. I have openmpi also installed.
When trying to compile and run the test examples, it was complaining 'mpiifort was not found.'
I changed the makefile (in the SPIKE/1.0/examples/examples_f90 directory and replaced mpiifort by mpif90 and then the compilation ran ok.
However the test results show
cs8/_results> more toeplitz.txt
UNSUCCESSFUL RUN FOR SPIKE - INFO EXIT -3
MPI ERROR CODE 5
cs8/_results> more *.txt
::::::::::::::
example1.txt
UNSUCCESSFUL RUN FOR SPIKE - INFO EXIT -3
MPI ERROR CODE 5

I was wondering why this happens and is it linked to the changes in the makefile. If the latter then how can I test the examples.
Jitesh Gajjar

[ps for info, with the supplied makefile I get

make all -f makefile_ol

mkdir -p _em64t_intelmpi/src
(cd _em64t_intelmpi; make LIBdir= MPIdir= SPIKE_INCLUDE=-I/home/gajjar/SPIKE/1.0/examples/examples_f90/../../include LIBS="-L/home/gajjar/SPIKE/1.0/examples/examples_f90/../../lib/em64t -lspike -lspike_adapt -lspike_adapt_de -lspike_adapt_grid_f -lspike_mpi_comm_intelmpi -lmkl_solver -lmkl_lapack -lmkl -lguide -lpthread" mpi=intelmpi F90=mpiifort MPIRUN="mpiexec -n" F90FLAGS="-O3 -no-gcc -nolib_inline" -f ../makefile.target)
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/gajjar/SPIKE/1.0/examples/examples_f90/_em64t_intelmpi'
mpiifort -O3 -no-gcc -nolib_inline -o _results/toeplitz toeplitz.o -L/home/gajjar/SPIKE/1.0/examples/examples_f90/../../lib/em64t -lspike -lspike_adapt -lspike_adapt_de -lspike_adapt_grid_f -lspike_mpi_comm_intelmpi -lmkl_solver -lmkl_lapack -lmkl -lguide -lpthread
bash: mpiifort: command not found
make[1]: *** [toeplitz] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gajjar/SPIKE/1.0/examples/examples_f90/_em64t_intelmpi'
make: *** [all] Error 2

3 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.

Ok, I have managed to resolve this. I should have read the installation directions more carefully.

The answer is to use

make mpi=openmpi MPIdir=/home/gajjar/src all -f makefile_ol

to compile and I guess this must link in with the correct libraries.

Jitesh Gajjar

Hi Jitesh,
Glad you got it fixed. Please post any other questions that you have about Spike.

Best regards,
Henry

Laisser un commentaire

Veuillez ouvrir une session pour ajouter un commentaire. Pas encore membre ? Rejoignez-nous dès aujourd’hui