Compaq Array Viewer: How to reassign data colums for a contour plot ?

Compaq Array Viewer: How to reassign data colums for a contour plot ?

Portrait de TommyCee

I'm working for the 1st time w/ Compaq Array Viewer (v1.5) which was bundled w/ CVF6.5; I've upgraded to v6.6C.I'm wanting to do a simple 2D contour plot of ASCII data (Cartisian grid) stored in a file.The 3-column data format (X/Y/Z resp.) is very simple: X & Y are spatial position coordinates, & Z is the associated "intensity".

Among the available graph types, the display I'm wanting is what CAV calls "Image Map".When I import the data, for some mysterious reason, CAV - as a default - correctly interprets the1st column as X, but reverses the 2nd & 3rd columns, so that they come out X/Z/Y !!

So, or course, the plot is screwed up.

Unfortunately, I see no way on the tool bar options (e.g., Settings|Data View or Settings|Axis) to deliberately force the choices for dimensions.It seems almost "hard wired".

And I've perused on-line help extensively and get no clues.

Stranger yet, if I choose as graph type Vector Graph, the good news is that it interprets the X and Y columns properly.The bad news is that it imposes a height to the intensities (instead of a color).Therefore, I get a crude 3D plot, not 2D.

In this case, I really want to use CAV if I possibly can.Previously, I've brought the same data into Surfer and produced lovely plots. And the nice things about Surfer is that it gives you complete and easy control in setting the columns for plotting - control I wish I had in CAV.

In searching this site, I have found no posts on this topic.
Does anyone know how, if at all, I can do this in Compaq Array Visualizer?

4 posts / 0 nouveau(x)
Dernière contribution
Reportez-vous à notre Notice d'optimisation pour plus d'informations sur les choix et l'optimisation des performances dans les produits logiciels Intel.
Portrait de onkelhotte
Have you looked intothe Intel Array Visualizer Forum as well?

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-array-visualizer/

Maybe there you can find an answer. I have no experience with the IAV/CAV

Markus

Portrait de TommyCee
Quoting - onkelhotte Have you looked intothe Intel Array Visualizer Forum as well?

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-array-visualizer/

Maybe there you can find an answer. I have no experience with the IAV/CAV

Markus

Thanks for your reply, Markus.

No, I have not looked into IAV; I only have CAV.

However, since IAV spawned from CAV, it's likely that the problem I report for CAV may as well apply to IAV. Morover, God forbid, I may have uncovered a flaw in Array Visualizer for plotting simple Cartesian data.

Hopefully someone w/ experience w/ CAV will weigh in here.

TC

Portrait de Les Neilson
Quoting - tommycee

Thanks for your reply, Markus.

No, I have not looked into IAV; I only have CAV.

Tommy,
You missed one important word : "Forum"
There is an Intel forum specific to the Array Visualizer, that is what Markus was refering to.

Les

Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire.